how to take card of CF cards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi,

just like to know how you guys maintain your CF cards.....

thanks

erictan8888 said:
hi,

just like to know how you guys maintain your CF cards.....

thanks

Pretty rough in that I use it for more then just taking pictures!! heheheh....still lucky I guess as all are still fine. Have not lost a single picture from them. A year now for all 4 of my CFs which I use in my D70, CLIE PDA and my cardreader since I do use them as backup module when I bring work from office to home and back. Totally no sense of maintance in my case heheh.

cf card dont need maintainence

just dont dunk it in water will do

if really wanna take care...

-dun wet it
-store inside drycase
-dun store with magnetic objects
-dun store near electricity
-dun drop it...

:D

i think what you are asking is how to keep it in good working condition. to protect it, i use a gepe card safe. i remembered reading it as water resistant, moisture resistant, anti-static resistant, etc. false protection? i do not know.

- store in anti-static bag
- wear ESD wrist strap when holding it
- power off all the equipment when insert to camera
- hold your breath while copying file to computer
:bsmilie:

when copying hundreds of files, how to hold breath for so long? qi kong?

Astin said:
- store in anti-static bag
- wear ESD wrist strap when holding it
- power off all the equipment when insert to camera
- hold your breath while copying file to computer
:bsmilie:

reachme2003 said:
when copying hundreds of files, how to hold breath for so long? qi kong?
copy one by one, interval has time to breathe. :bsmilie:

Hi,
If possible always format the card using your camera and not your PC.The card might easily be corrupted by your PC.

I have a CF card for my PDA for a few years and I really abuse it by throwing it in my drawer, put in pockets etc without any form of protection and it is still working in perfect condition. However I didnt dunk it in water. I have other cards and the worst is SmartMedia. So far I had 2 card totally unusable. They are used with card and only for my old Olympus 300z point and shoot camera.

Right now I have 2 pieces of 1G CF card for mu 350D.

Overall I thing CF is quite robost and can withstand rough usage unlike SM. In general keep them away from heat and moisture and shocks and some say away from kids....

De'Switch said:
Overall I thing CF is quite robost and can withstand rough usage unlike SM.

I've read a report from a guy who left a CF card in his laundry. It (and the data on it) survived the machine wash.

ya me oso. i left one of my cheapo cf cards in the washing machine. after it dried, it worked fine. still working to this day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.