What sort of settings should I employed to get a good shot of the Church, shooting from the second floor looking downwards. The church will be lighted but not really bright. I am using a canon A80. Thank you
i m not canon user. but i thk i can give sme small pointers for you.. user aperture piorty in the A80.. and make sure you have a VERY and steady hands.. as it is a low light enviroment .. the shutter will be low..
1. Use a tripod. Alternatively, steady the camera against a balustrade or wall.
2. Turn off the flash (useless at distances more than 3m)
3. Choose the right white balance setting (fluorescent, tungsten etc). Not sure about candle lit church though, can try cloudy setting.
4. Use largest aperture setting (small aperture will give long shutter speeds which may cause moving objects to be blurry, as well as high ISO which causes picture to be "noisy"). Can try a smaller aperture setting if the subject is still.
5. Use the highest quality JPEG setting and largest image size (4mp).