How to take a good picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy the most expensive camera and lens
shoot in P mode, and in raw
spend 1 day behind computer

sure can get good picture

Anyone here got advice for a newbie on how to take a good picture?

Thanks!

You need to watch this movie, I believe it is called the Thomas Crown Affair.

Very good tips on how to take good pictures in that movie.

Read the Manual of your camera to explore all the features.
Then later keep playing and playing all the settings until you are very familiar.
Please see the difference between each settings, esp aperture, shutter, exposure composition, ISO, white balance, etc.

Also read up on framing, flash, filters.

buy the most expensive camera and lens
shoot in P mode, and in raw
spend 1 day behind computer

sure can get good picture

Hmmmm... Hassy got P mode meh? :think:

This should be the most expensive at the moment : H system

first learn how to use the different modes on your camera and read up on basic composition ie, framing, rule of 3rds, repetition, contrast, leading lines, etc...(lots of info on the web).

then go out and shoot as much as you can. also i find that looking at other ppls pics and learning from them helps a lot too. can also try to tag along with a more experience photographer and learn from them.

You won't lead a newbie like me astray?

You? Newbie? Maybe read more National Geographic and try to emulate what they shoot? ;p

Read the Manual of your camera to explore all the features.
Then later keep playing and playing all the settings until you are very familiar.
Please see the difference between each settings, esp aperture, shutter, exposure composition, ISO, white balance, etc.

Also read up on framing, flash, filters.

wow...this is the first serious reply....

U are new? Think you are just short of 2171 posts to qualify as a "Senior Member" here leh.:bsmilie:

wow...super optimistic!!! :bsmilie:

go for it ...it is JUST 2171 posts....haha:bsmilie:

I think someone mentioned that the number of posts does not justify whether you are a good photographer. A member with 1 post may be a better photographer than one who has 10000 posts.

One way to improve is to know your instrument as well as you can. If you can change all the settings on the camera without taking your eye off the viewfinder, you are 1/5 there. And I think this is the easiest 5th. Haha.

Hi, I did not say that # of post = good photographer....but = "senior member" mah....and I didn't say "senior member" = good photographer mah...but definitely not "Newbie" loh...:bsmilie:

I think someone mentioned that the number of posts does not justify whether you are a good photographer. A member with 1 post may be a better photographer than one who has 10000 posts.

One way to improve is to know your instrument as well as you can. If you can change all the settings on the camera without taking your eye off the viewfinder, you are 1/5 there. And I think this is the easiest 5th. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.