How to switch to liveview mode on a 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewant

Sep 1, 2007
Before you say anything, i dont own a 400D. My friend has just rented one and has no idea how to switch on the live view mode. I havent got my hands on it yet so im asking 400D users here instead. :)
cheers!

The 400D doesn't have Live View, only on the newer 450D.

nope, 400D doesnt have live view, 1000D/450D/40D does have it

Hi...I just bought my 450D. The sales person said can switch to liveview. But untill now i still dunno how to use it. Can give me some advice..Thank!

Go menu and enable live view, then press "set" button

valphoto: you might wanna read about the Quick Mode and Live Mode for the live view captures, i fell victim to thinking everythings auto focussed even on live view... got alot of potentially nice photos ending up unfocussed from my japan trip... sobz... its on page 102 of the manual! Just don't forget to press the * button to execute AF. Normally i use Quick Mode as its faster!

Cheers!

Before you say anything, i dont own a 400D. My friend has just rented one and has no idea how to switch on the live view mode. I havent got my hands on it yet so im asking 400D users here instead. :)
cheers!

400D has no live view.

Hi...I just bought my 450D. The sales person said can switch to liveview. But untill now i still dunno how to use it. Can give me some advice..Thank!

Read the manual; it's clearly spelt out there.

400D don't have this feature. Tried 450D and noticed that live view cannot be focused after it has been activated. So i think it's pretty useless...most of the time have to rely on viewfinder to ensure that the pics are well focused...

400D don't have this feature. Tried 450D and noticed that live view cannot be focused after it has been activated. So i think it's pretty useless...most of the time have to rely on viewfinder to ensure that the pics are well focused...
To focus in liveview mode, u have to press the '*' button.

gee, i didnt know that after owning one for a month or so... lol

Sometimes makes you wonder why Canon includes an user manual with the camera...

Sometimes makes you wonder why Canon includes an user manual with the camera...

Yeah, Canon should make that manual an optional item that buyers have to pay for - that way more people would read it :bsmilie:

hahaa i didn't get it on the first time i read through the manual... Didn't come across really clearly to a noob like me... Only found out about the * button during the EOS Academy Workshop and went back to read again before i found out! =P

hahaa i didn't get it on the first time i read through the manual... Didn't come across really clearly to a noob like me... Only found out about the * button during the EOS Academy Workshop and went back to read again before i found out! =P
Aye! Same here! I usually just play around with the camera first, until I'm unsure of some settings then I'll refer to the manual. Heh heh, I didn't even know how to switch to liveview mode before attending the workshop...:embrass:

Let's hope Canon improves their LV focusing system so it at least comes up to par with the Sony and Olympus system.

Yeah, Canon should make that manual an optional item that buyers have to pay for - that way more people would read it :bsmilie:

Should make the manual a luxury item.. Sell in Kinokunya, MPH, and Borders..

Status
Not open for further replies.