How to switch/change AF-selection-point (FZ50)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskye168

Aug 28, 2006
Hi every1:) , I'm a newbie with FZ50 still flipping:dunno: reading thru the manuals & yet to begin:sweat: . May I know how to switch/change AF-selection-point even tho I pressed the AF-L button together with the up,dn,left & right key still can't move the AF-point?:confused:
Thanks your in advance.;)

FZEOS said:
Hi every1:) , I'm a newbie with FZ50 still flipping:dunno: reading thru the manuals & yet to begin:sweat: . May I know how to switch/change AF-selection-point even tho I pressed the AF-L button together with the up,dn,left & right key still can't move the AF-point?:confused:
there is not such function in FZ50... you are looking at a function that dSLR provides

ExplorerZ said:
there is not such function in FZ50... you are looking at a function that dSLR provides

Hi ExplorerZ, thanks 4ur FAST response.:thumbsup:

Wah like tat ah, so that means only got one center-AF-point and to focus lock then recompose then can take a shot:sweat: . Am I right:confused: ? If not, please enlighten me.
Thanks alot.:)

FZEOS said:
Hi ExplorerZ, thanks 4ur FAST response.:thumbsup:

Wah like tat ah, so that means only got one center-AF-point and to focus lock then recompose then can take a shot:sweat: . Am I right:confused: ? If not, please enlighten me.
Thanks alot.:)
can say so... but iirc lumix got a AF mode that AF on 9 points and i got no idea which point it will AF on :bsmilie:
most of the time i just use that unless when im shooting macro/aero display den i will change to center/spot

ExplorerZ said:
can say so... but iirc lumix got a AF mode that AF on 9 points and i got no idea which point it will AF on :bsmilie:
most of the time i just use that unless when im shooting macro/aero display den i will change to center/spot

Hey thanks alot:thumbsup: . OK understand now;) .

Haha.. hello brudda.. the AF point can be selected lar.

Switch to the single area focusing AF or High-Speed single area focusing AF.

Hold down the FOCUS button on the lens barrel, then use the directional buttons to adjust the AF point.

Hexlord said:

Hold down the FOCUS button on the lens barrel, then use the directional buttons to adjust the AF point.

dono, maybe fz30 got this hidden function no in other fz :bsmilie:

Its not hidden.. on the manual :)

TS, you can do this.. go to the front portion of your manual, look for the FOCUS button section . There should be a few section in the manual which talks about that button's usage.

Hexlord said:
Its not hidden.. on the manual :)

TS, you can do this.. go to the front portion of your manual, look for the FOCUS button section . There should be a few section in the manual which talks about that button's usage.
but i tot the manual button was to let the camera focus just once and den keep shooting without refocusing? like used to take fireworks? :dunno:

FZEOS said:

Morning mate,

Bought the new FZ50 already? How is it treating you?

I'm thinking abt getting it as well, haven't firm up my decision yet though...

Any gripes? where did u buy and how much bro?

Thanks!
Eric

Hexlord said:

Hey hi Hexlord, really really THANK U:thumbsup: .

Wah ho seh liao, can liao, :bigeyes: can change/swift AF-point around liao leh:thumbsup:

All bcos I so blur to go press wrong button (pressed on AF-L button, looks almost SAME:bigeyes: as FOCUS-button at left-side on lens barrel as figured in manual. After u mention then I realised I got the wrong button).

THANKS alot Bro:cheers:

wow thats something cool :thumbsup: that all the older fz failed to offer i guess :cry:

cire07 said:
Morning mate,

Bought the new FZ50 already? How is it treating you?

I'm thinking abt getting it as well, haven't firm up my decision yet though...

Any gripes? where did u buy and how much bro?

Thanks!
Eric

Hi cire07, gd afternoon.:)

Ya bought it FZ50. Its making me more eager/anxious to read and learn how to use it asap:think: .
So far I find it rather good in terms of focus speed:thumbsup: faster than my just sold S2-IS & long ago coolpix5000. The rest hv nt really try out yet cos still flipping d manual:bsmilie:

Thanks bro;)

FZEOS said:
Hi cire07, gd afternoon.:)

Ya bought it FZ50. Its making me more eager/anxious to read and learn how to use it asap:think: .
So far I find it rather good in terms of focus speed:thumbsup: faster than my just sold S2-IS & long ago coolpix5000. The rest hv nt really try out yet cos still flipping d manual:bsmilie:

Thanks bro;)

Yo, thanx for the swift reply... just sold ur S2-IS? Such a coincidence, i am currently in a dilemma between the FZ50 vs the S3 IS... I know they are not exactly the same category of cameras... i guess S3 IS vs FZ7 is more appropriate yeah? But in any case...

The Image Stabilizer (IS) of Canon's... how does it stack up againt Pana's MEGA OIS?
Cos i dun need so much megapixels (10 vs 6)... and a bit wary of Pana's "noise" issue...
I guess main issues i'm still debating is whether i need Pana's Manual Focus... but at the same time the relative compactness of Canon's S3 appeals more...

Anyone can help me out? Appreciate any feedback or comments, pls!

Regards,
Eric

cire07 said:
Yo, thanx for the swift reply... just sold ur S2-IS? Such a coincidence, i am currently in a dilemma between the FZ50 vs the S3 IS... I know they are not exactly the same category of cameras... i guess S3 IS vs FZ7 is more appropriate yeah? But in any case...

The Image Stabilizer (IS) of Canon's... how does it stack up againt Pana's MEGA OIS?
Cos i dun need so much megapixels (10 vs 6)... and a bit wary of Pana's "noise" issue...
I guess main issues i'm still debating is whether i need Pana's Manual Focus... but at the same time the relative compactness of Canon's S3 appeals more...

Regards,
Eric

both IS and Mega OIS are proven to be very effective... its very hard to test out the different as each system is better against different kinds of movement. but the different is also too slight to be really noticed by human

cire07 said:

Regards,
Eric

Hi cire07, what I can say at this moment of time due to nt yet flip thru manual+all features, I realised focusing speed & the MEGA OIS works better :thumbsup: (to me) compared to my 2-previous d-compacts(maybe due to their smaller in size) cos number of steady shots achieved especially, maybe due to d mode1&2 OIS as stated for greater stability. Also I find the Grid1&2 but grid2:thumbsup: display easier (for me) for composition (subject's placement). As for ISO at1600 not my preference, iso800 still acceptable (to me) as iso400 acceptable & below rather great:thumbsup: cos 2-previous d-compacts iso200 got noise:( .Also this got TTL-flash for ext & biult-in too:thumbsup:

Thanks.

cire07 said:

Regards,
Eric

Hi cire07, what I can say at this moment of time due to nt yet flip thru manual+all features, I realised focusing speed & the MEGA OIS works better :thumbsup: (to me) compared to my 2-previous d-compacts(maybe due to their smaller in size) cos number of steady shots achieved especially, maybe due to d mode1&2 OIS as stated for greater stability. Also I find the Grid1&2 but grid2:thumbsup: display easier (for me) for composition (subject's placement). As for ISO at1600 not my preference, iso800 still acceptable (to me) as iso400 acceptable & below rather great bcos 2-previous d-compacts iso200 got noise:( .Also this got TTL-flash for ext & biult-in too:thumbsup:

Thanks.

ExplorerZ said:
both IS and Mega OIS are proven to be very effective... its very hard to test out the different as each system is better against different kinds of movement. but the different is also too slight to be really noticed by human

Hi bro, ya I agree with ur statement bcos i remember clearly that around wide to moderate angle(focal length) got slightly more number of blurry shots but not at Tele-end IS is very effective:)dunno: is it due to weight/smaller cam size to me nt ez to hold). As for OIS all this seems to solve to my own suprise:think: (maybe partly due to the holding with the 55mm lens barrel size give similar feel to dslr(my hardly use eos 20d due to its weight+child when outing);)

Thanks anyway.:cool:

not very sure about handholding weight. but all i know is my fz5 is too light to maintain my hand from shaking. prefer d50 over fz5

Hexlord said:

sorry for the off topic...
now then i know fz30 can set the focus point... hahaa.... i'm the idiot who didnt read the manual... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.