How to store camera/lens in dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chynthynk

Apr 15, 2009
Do you guys store lenses/camera in dry cabinet, with lens cap on or off?

Thanks.

on...
but does it really matter? it just my habit to put the lens cap on so that stuff wont scratch the lens as a precaution

I stored mine with the lense cap on. Just to prevent accidental scratches. ;)

Lens caps are not airtight, they won't trap any moisture. Do as you please, there are other things to worry than the lens caps.

Do you guys store lenses/camera in dry cabinet, with lens cap on or off?

Thanks.

i store them in bombproof packages AND lenscap :angel::angel:

in the event of ww3, i will be the only photographer with all his equipment intact, and the next millionaire when people buy my images, anyhow take also can

Thanks, my concern was on the back lens cap (the part that attaches to the camera body). Its cap I think is pretty tight and might trap some moisture inside, no?

Lens caps are not airtight, they won't trap any moisture. Do as you please, there are other things to worry than the lens caps.

Thanks, oh ya, how about filter, on or off?

Thanks, oh ya, how about filter, on or off?

Off, be it for normal shooting or storing. Use a filter when you need it - similar to a condom ;)

Off, be it for normal shooting or storing. Use a filter when you need it - similar to a condom ;)

lol...sound so wrong...since when we zzz with condom...:bigeyes::sweat:

ROFL... thanks...
My Cabi is now at 50% after around 3 hours, gonna put those in after taking off their condoms haha...
Thanks again..

Check again after you load the cabinet.... needs a lil more fine-tuning

Check again after you load the cabinet.... needs a lil more fine-tuning

Noted, thx.
I increased it a little bit, probably have to adjust again tomorrow morning.

I think TS was referring to UV filters/protectors, rather than specific use filters.

I put the front and back caps on to prevent scratches and dust. :)

To be honest, there's no difference in what you do with the lens caps. There haven't been reports of fungal growth on a lens element when the lens cap was left on the lens when it was put in the dry cabinet. :)

Hahas.. and when i saw ur topic subject.. i wanted to say..
"just put it inside la~" LOL..

well.. about your qns abt lens cap/filters to be on/off..
you can do anything you like.. ;)
just don't put everything in your camera bag and put the camera bag inside the cabinet..;p

I think TS was referring to UV filters/protectors, rather than specific use filters.

Yes, I was referring to the UV filters for protection, but anyway, couple of twist to open it so no sweat put it off in storage. Thanks

Hahas.. and when i saw ur topic subject.. i wanted to say..
"just put it inside la~" LOL..

well.. about your qns abt lens cap/filters to be on/off..
you can do anything you like.. ;)
just don't put everything in your camera bag and put the camera bag inside the cabinet..;p

Lol, I re-read the title and yea, quick answer is put it inside facing front haha.
My cabi is only 30L so only my wallet can fit in :D, but according to some info I read, don't put leather thing inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.