how to stop my hand from shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Observe the following:
> right hand on camera body and left hand on lens (not body)
> keep your arms close to your body
> control your breathing, slow and regular
> don't hold your breath
> press shutter when breathing out

that should help

Observe the following:
> right hand on camera body and left hand on lens (not body)
> keep your arms close to your body
> control your breathing, slow and regular
> don't hold your breath
> press shutter when breathing out

that should help

If all of the above don't work...:sweat:

1) increase shutterspeed
2) buy a VR/IS lens
3) deploy a tripod wherever you go

imho, option 1)'s the most feasable ;)

Go do a search on google...obviously you havent done that...
dangerous eh...later he find that there are some drugs that are specially used specifically to stop hand shaking.

dangerous eh...later he find that there are some drugs that are specially used specifically to stop hand shaking.

u're like informing him now :bsmilie::bsmilie:

They'll stop a lot more than that!! :devil:

Its the same basic fundamentals as shooting a rifle i suppose. Posture, Breathing, and Basically knowing your camera. Know what is the slowest shutter speed you can shoot a picture without handshake. Some can go as slow as 1/6 but an average would be about 1/20to 1/30. When shooting under low light conditions and shutter speed shows anything slower than your slowest shutter speed, high chance your pic will be blur. Then you would have to do certain things like up the ISO, use a flash, tripod, bigger aperature lens .....etc to get a clearer shot.

I guess some people have more steady hands than others. There're many ways to better hold/grip your camera, and I think there's a topic on this if you read Michael Freeman's 101 Tips book.

As for me, I will take multiple shots in the hope that at least one will turn out fine...yeah, typical Singapore kiasuism in practice.

1) Stop drinking coffee
2) Stop drinking beer....

Haha... just joking....

1) Breathe in, let go 1/3 or 2/3 or your breath, hold it there
2) Keep your 'chicken wings' to the side.
3) Aim
4) Fire

:confused: i read the title thot the ts kena epilleptic fit or something.... duh

I press the cam tightly against my nose ridge and forehead.. Then less vibration and less movement caused by pressing of shuttle..
however my body does swing back & forth a bit..

Put your camera on continuous shot drive and take a few shots in succession. You'll increase the chances of getting a sharp image among the burst of images.

Of course, the rest of the tips will also greatly increase the chances of a sharp image. Use a tripod or up the ISO/shutter speed when in doubt!

Last edited:
Put your camera on continuous shot drive and take a few shots in succession. You'll increase the chances of getting a sharp image among the burst of images.

Of course, the rest of the tips will also greatly increase the chances of a sharp image. Use a tripod or up the ISO/shutter speed when in doubt!
problem about this technique is that while the buffer is transferring to the card (the buffer write speed usually not made known unless looking for it specifically.) there may be missed photo oppurtunities.

Recommended is to max use 3 continuous shots per picture.

Curious... shutter speed is the TS using? If it is more than 5 sec in low light I think an VR/IS & breathing also no use... Still best to get tripod... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.