How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
I'm getting quite a bit of calls recently from those cards companies... the worst thing is that they are "pushing" something I already have... exactly same product from exactly same company.

I've tried "backlisting" phone numbers whenever I receive such calls.. but it's ineffective. :(

It's getting out of hand and need advice on what are to options to permanently stop such nuisance.

banks will tell you to inform them so they put you on the do not call list. but i really doubt that works. i guess there is no fool-proof way.

in the meantime, i'm having loads of fun dealing with them by
1. testing their patience
2. sidetracking until they blur
3. counterselling them a product
4. irritating the hell out of them

banks will tell you to inform them so they put you on the do not call list. but i really doubt that works. i guess there is no fool-proof way.

:bsmilie: Correct.

thanks.. I wish I can entertain them... but roaming charges are expensive. :(:(

maybe you should talk to them like an ah long:

"what to borrow money from me izit? bring your IC come down to kopitiam look for me!"

1) Tell them you just sign up for it yestaeday
2) Tell them you're selling the same thing
3) Ask them how they got an official police handphone no.
4) Tell them wrong no.

1) Tell them you just sign up for it yestaeday
2) Tell them you're selling the same thing
3) Ask them how they got an official police handphone no.
4) Tell them wrong no.

I'm hoping not even to answer them....

:think:

mabbe I try to list out those black listed numbers.. then we can have a "database" of numbers to not answer. :think:

I'm hoping not even to answer them....

:think:

mabbe I try to list out those black listed numbers.. then we can have a "database" of numbers to not answer. :think:

No point... they just get more and more 3rd party companies to call on their behalf...

mebbe this should be brought up to the authorities. It's a form of spamming.

No point... they just get more and more 3rd party companies to call on their behalf...

mebbe this should be brought up to the authorities. It's a form of spamming.

The calls are from 3rd parties...

My only question is that my data in bank are private and supposedly secure... how can they give my particulars to 3rd parties?

Hard to nail under spamming... just like junk mails.

My only question is that my data in bank are private and supposedly secure... how can they give my particulars to 3rd parties?

Since they are calling on behalf of those banks, then they must have had approval to do so.

i got Citibank to put me on the "No Call" list and so far... haven't heard from them :thumbsup:

i'm thinking of doing the same for the other banks too. keep getting calls from them. i'm waiting to get a legit call to tell me i've won something though :bsmilie:

btw, i find it quite interesting that you have the time to entertain them. as for me... i just let them rattle on until they are done. and then i tell them... not interested.

but sometimes... i'm too weak to fight and just succumbed to their persistence. so when the "free" period is up... i'll just terminate the card.

i don't think your data comes from banks only. could be from all those contest application forms that you have filled up. data marketing is a big thing. some banks do purchase contact data from these data banks and do their own cold-callings.

i don't think your data comes from banks only. could be from all those contest application forms that you have filled up. data marketing is a big thing. some banks do purchase contact data from these data banks and do their own cold-callings.

I highly suspect so too... :sweat:

Avoid all lucky draws, especially those at shopping malls. Not that you will get the price anyway.

Avoid all lucky draws, especially those at shopping malls. Not that you will get the price anyway.

Everywhere they ask you for your contacts...

even emails are not spared...

sigh... not I wan to participate one... my wife "participated" on my behalf. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.