How to start out in wedding photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefulphoto

I am meeting with a client on Tuesday for some engagement portraits but she wanted to also inquire about information on wedding photography. I've tried to look up some information as far as wedding albums and other products that may be included in a wedding package to a client but haven't had a lot of information. Can anyone please give me some detailed information on how to begin wedding photography, how to set the prices, what to put in the packages, where to find things to put in packages (albums, other products), etc. Any information would be fantastic and a big help! :)

I am meeting with a client on Tuesday for some engagement portraits but she wanted to also inquire about information on wedding photography. I've tried to look up some information as far as wedding albums and other products that may be included in a wedding package to a client but haven't had a lot of information. Can anyone please give me some detailed information on how to begin wedding photography, how to set the prices, what to put in the packages, where to find things to put in packages (albums, other products), etc. Any information would be fantastic and a big help! :)

U may wish to say start with prices from $700 and above, as now adays its abt $800 minimum. can put in 300 4R in slot in albums, thats standards. Album can be easily obtained at peninsular, and it will be good that if u got no experience in weddings, then refer it to experience ppl, and u learn by tag along, as weddings are very important, if u screw up, thats it.....u are in deep trouble.

Imagine ur own wedding was done by amature with zero knowleage abt what to expect from weddings.....

U may know how to shoot with a camera, but weddings are different, experiences count....u need to know what to do in situations...

I think our thread-starter is not from Singapore...

Your location states that you're on the other side of the planet. The market there would be very different from here.

In Singapore you do for free then charge very little and then slowly increase.

I see that you care from BC... the best way to do it is look for a local wedding photographer and ask to be a 2nd/3rd shooter for little or no pay. Once you have done about 20 weddings, you then try to start to ask for a raise, or if you think you are ready, market yourself.

Photo Expos are great to look for products, as they are many skewed towards the wedding photographers. The coing one will be held in NYC next week. You can find more info here http://www.photoplusexpo.com/

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.