How to start a site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

How do I start a site that contains writings and photos?

I don't want it to be a free blog site because when it becomes popular and has impressive number of hits I may want to use it commercially e.g. to host ads etc.

Thanks.

I don't want it to be a free blog site because when it becomes popular and has impressive number of hits I may want to use it commercially e.g. to host ads etc.

Thanks.

I use free CMS like Joomla (though for now I've removed all the writing parts :bsmilie: )

i use joomla too. first go sign up for a domain. then upload the joomla system. then write your articles like you would on a blog site. change your template if you want to. all will be well.

do you need to pay?

Joomla is free, you proabably only pay for your hosting, and domain name.

About US$8.99 for domain name/per yr, maybe $6 or less per mth for good hosting. :think:

do you need to pay?

yeah you do if u want a domain name, and a decent webhost without any ads. mines like 20 bucks a month.

Thanks.

Construction site can go apply from relevant authorities... :bsmilie:, u can put your company address on the side of the site... :devil:

What's this joomla thingy u guys are talking abt?

My site's gonna expire in January or so. Probably would need to revamp it to give it a cleaner look.

Status
Not open for further replies.