How to slim down without building muscles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henessy

Feb 1, 2006
Bishan
www.henessyphoto.blogspot.com
Hi, may I know what can do done to cut down body fats without buidling muscles.

Cos normally when one exercise, it seems like the fat is converted to muscles. Then when you stop exercising for sometime, the muscles goes back to become fats.

Cos normally when one exercise, it seems like the fat is converted to muscles. Then when you stop exercising for sometime, the muscles goes back to become fats.

Muscle and fats can't really becomes each other, so just exercise ba.

This is an old wives' tale la.

Muscles doesn't become fat. It merely LOOKS like fat, because of how flabby it is.

If you really want to slim down without building muscles, for whatever inexplicable reason, the best is to just sleep all day. You will lose a lot of muscle mass and because you don't eat when you sleep, you're in essentially a fasting state. You will secret more glucagon, which will inhibit your body from synthesizing more triacylglycerols (ie, fats), increase rate of gluconeogenesis (break down your muscles for energy basically) etc etc. Not dissimilar to the famous (and bloody dangerous) Atkins diet.

Sleep all day - the best way to lose weight. I lost 10 kg after NS just by sleeping all day and watching anime. Most of it was probably muscle....

firstly muscles dont become fats.

what happens is when you exercise, you build muscles and raise your overall metabolism rate. and what you eat during this period is mostly burned off due to the higher metabolism and greater muscle mass.

if you stop exercise, your metabolism will drop very soon. if you continue to eat the regular portion like before, you will start to put on weight cos the extras are not burned away.

think of your body like a survival machine. once you don exercise, yr body start to think that the extra muscles are not needed. since muscles use up calories, it wise to reduce the unused muscle. then when you have extra calories, your body will start to build fat cos fat dont use calories and can be converted to energy when needed.

true that if you do nothing and simply diet, you will lose weight, both fat and muscles. the pitfall is your metabolism will drop dratically in order to reduce energy used. so one day you suddenly decide to stop dieting cost you reach ideal wt...boom! your weight shoots up due to the lower metabolism.

so ppl are afraid that exercise will build muscles and they dont wanna look like arnold or chunky with muscles. its dam hard to build muscles!! so dont worry, i shan go into how much you need and what you need just to build 1 pound of muscle.

in short,

when input < ouptut, you will lose weight(referring to energy transfer)
when input >output, you put on
when inout=output, you maintain your wt.

best way? only eat after you **** and only drink after you urine! and look at your poo, dont eat more than what you poo!:p

you lose your muscles when you starve - no muscles = no definition = flabby

what you should do is eat less, but not to the extent of starving yourself, and exercise

the body is an efficient machine - muscles use up more energy than fats, so when you starve yourself, the first to go would be your muscles

that said, if you just starve eventually yoru fats will go too, just that you'll look like an african

don't eat lah.

Start a steady program of regular cycling

Looking for long-term weight loss that will improve your cycling performance? Then trash the crash diets. Sure, some weight (mostly water and lean body mass) may come off quickly, but it usually returns just as fast.

To take off fat--and keep it off--you must make two permanent (and almost painless) lifestyle commitments.

The first is easy: exercise. Make time to ride. Don't let yourself go more than 2 days without it. Studies show that you can stay trim with as little as 3 hours of exercise per week.

The second commitment is harder: Cut calories. The best way isn't eating less, but reducing fat intake. In the average American diet, nearly 40 percent of all calories come from fat. Trim this to 20 to 30 percent, and you're almost guaranteed to lose weight.

Remember, fat is twice as calorie-dense as protein or carbohydrate. So as long as your foods aren't fatty, you can eat plenty and still keep your calorie intake relatively low. For example, in a study at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, subjects were put on either a 40 percent or 15 percent fat diet and allowed to eat all they wanted. Both groups ate similar amounts, but those in the 15-percent group averaged 700 fewer daily calories.

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/51/21.cfm

1. Cut down on processed food will help greatly in cutting down fats.

2. Don't go to the gym to add muscles.

3. Low intensity, long duration of cycling burn fat best.

4. Start with 1/2 hour bike ride every day will burn 5 kilogram of fat over a year. As you gain more stamina go for at least an hour ride daily. See how much fat you will loose in six months.

5. Be willing to change your diet and habits of eating.

6. Carbohydrate is definitely a better cycling fuel than protein or fat. The more energy you have for longer duration in cycling the more fats you loose.

Many heavy people are negative to cycling. Even though some of them took up cycling in the hope of cutting body fats they are still disappointed after a couple of months. The main reason is that they are not disciplined enough to control their eating habits and complain that they don't have energy to cycle in a steady space or for longer duration.

Anything you want to achieve you must be prepared to sacrifice and be very disciplined and committed with the main focus of getting what you want. ;)

:):thumbsup::)

why stop?

I will use Adobe Photoshop to 'Liquify' myself, and add extra muscles with 'Bloat Tool' so that I look like Mr Olympia.

Last edited:
Start a steady program of regular cycling

Looking for long-term weight loss that will improve your cycling performance? Then trash the crash diets. Sure, some weight (mostly water and lean body mass) may come off quickly, but it usually returns just as fast.

To take off fat--and keep it off--you must make two permanent (and almost painless) lifestyle commitments.

The first is easy: exercise. Make time to ride. Don't let yourself go more than 2 days without it. Studies show that you can stay trim with as little as 3 hours of exercise per week.

The second commitment is harder: Cut calories. The best way isn't eating less, but reducing fat intake. In the average American diet, nearly 40 percent of all calories come from fat. Trim this to 20 to 30 percent, and you're almost guaranteed to lose weight.

Remember, fat is twice as calorie-dense as protein or carbohydrate. So as long as your foods aren't fatty, you can eat plenty and still keep your calorie intake relatively low. For example, in a study at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, subjects were put on either a 40 percent or 15 percent fat diet and allowed to eat all they wanted. Both groups ate similar amounts, but those in the 15-percent group averaged 700 fewer daily calories.

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/51/21.cfm

1. Cut down on processed food will help greatly in cutting down fats.

2. Don't go to the gym to add muscles.

3. Low intensity, long duration of cycling burn fat best.

4. Start with 1/2 hour bike ride every day will burn 5 kilogram of fat over a year. As you gain more stamina go for at least an hour ride daily. See how much fat you will loose in six months.

5. Be willing to change your diet and habits of eating.

6. Carbohydrate is definitely a better cycling fuel than protein or fat. The more energy you have for longer duration in cycling the more fats you loose.

Many heavy people are negative to cycling. Even though some of them took up cycling in the hope of cutting body fats they are still disappointed after a couple of months. The main reason is that they are not disciplined enough to control their eating habits and complain that they don't have energy to cycle in a steady space or for longer duration.

Anything you want to achieve you must be prepared to sacrifice and be very disciplined and committed with the main focus of getting what you want. ;)

:):thumbsup::)

Hi, I used to cycle for 2-3 hours non stop.

I used to have a friend of friend mine who is slim despite her CCA in dragon boat team. I think the key thing lies in her diet. For her meal, basically it consist mainly of different types of vegetables, with minimal oil, meat and carbo.

i dun remember her eating any rice/noodles/meat for lunch (not sure abt dinner). Instead she replace it with lots of different types vegetables.

Not sure whether it is healthy, but judging on what i see, she looks good!

Hi, I used to cycle for 2-3 hours non stop.

So, you have stop riding now for personal reasons.

Get up on the bike again and start riding tomorrow and follow a strict diet
that will cut away the fats that you don't want. Get some cycling friends to have
fun again, why be so lazy.

Asking for the answer but no action on your part is wasting other people's time.

:nono:

increase fibre, protein and complex carb ( like wholemeal bread)as they keep you full for longer.

do not starve yourself as your body may go into 'famine' mode, slowing down your metabolism.

Just run 3 times a week for say, 20mins will be more den enough. gradually increase the intensity or the duration. don't stop exercising! :)

Generally, forward is correct. If you want to be hardworking and not just sleep, you should do low-intensity workout like cycling. One of the above guys who talked about metabolic rate sounds exactly like those California Fitness instructors. Generally, that way is for making Arnolds...

Muscle burns fatty acids primarily for energy during low intensity workouts and resting. Muscle burns glycogen during high intensity workout.

So, you have stop riding now for personal reasons.

Get up on the bike again and start riding tomorrow and follow a strict diet
that will cut away the fats that you don't want. Get some cycling friends to have
fun again, why be so lazy.

Asking for the answer but no action on your part is wasting other people's time.

:nono:

I wish to cycle. But my mum's bans me from cycling. She says its dangerous. My house used to have 5 bikes(Pinarello Dogma, Eddy Mercx, Airborne titanium, fondriest and cannodale)

Last edited:
I wish to cycle. But my mum's bans me from cycling. She says its dangerous. My house used to have 5 bikes(Pinarello Dogma, Eddy Mercx, Airborne titanium, fondriest and cannodale)
I am going to get a hometrainer soon, think thats safer than cysling on the roads here......and you can always place a fan in front of you to mimick the wind buzzing along your hair :)

HS

I used to cycle to uni about 5-10 KM everyday winter or no winter, and I had no gears on my cycle! There was one stretch of a hill with a light slope, but enough to tire you, was good exercise!

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.