How to shoot very fat ladies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreaXion

Jun 15, 2006
Planet Earth
A few questions on how to shoot a fat lady in portraiture shoot and make her look slimmer. Need to do it tomorrow.

1. Will the type of lens affect the size of how the fat lady looks?
2. Which is a better lens for this type of shoot?
3. What is the best angle to shoot from?

Would like to confirm my findings with u all. Please help. Thank you

Very interesting camera.....looks like I'll have to buy one for myself liao.....;)

Didn't know HP camera have these sorta "artistic" effects.

Use.. PP.

Liquify is your best friend.

You know, I thought this was going to be one of those "use your wide lens" threads!

Tx. But can really die from the amt of editing. Imagine shoot 100 photos:bigeyes:

Tx. But can really die from the amt of editing. Imagine shoot 100 photos:bigeyes:

Not that difficult with CS2 - distortion correction or/and liquify will do the trick. Trick is not to overdo it.

Try not to shoot many photos... convince her by chanting the photo sutra... "A few good photos are better than a thousand myraids... 'dong!'"

:)

put as action into photoshop ;)

Learned not to shoot larger people straight on.

dont shoot head on, and lighting from the side for a start. ask the fat ladies to dress in darker outfits. try not from below and dont use a wide angle lens. watch for unflattering "folds". and remember, it aint over until the fat lady sings.. haha

Like this

p3171298.jpg

Large people r quite challenging so try your best.
Just PS the facial problems will do.
Take as many pics as you can. U may find some interesting/good pics among them.

In addition to what they said if this lady is not expecting glam shots then don't go out of your way to do them. Connect with her and bring out what is good about her on camera. That's the best way to make her look flattering. Worse case keep telling her that she's a bbw (big beautiful woman)!

Tx for all the help given. Really appreciate it

no worries about photography plus size women, most of them accept their physical appearance with grace.

what you can do is make the fat less obvious, not to slim them down, if you photoshop them, that is an insult.

no worries about photography plus size women, most of them accept their physical appearance with grace.

what you can do is make the fat less obvious, not to slim them down, if you photoshop them, that is an insult.

Agree with that. I want to make the fat less obvious. Therefore, other than tilting them to the side, are there any formulas?

Use wide angle lens, shoot diagonally 45degree etc, not sideway though.. unless u shooting slimming ad! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.