how to shoot the fire work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
next month got singapore fire work festival...:thumbsup: :lovegrin: :sweatsm:
any detail of skill for shooting?? i know need to use the black card... but i dunno how to use...:confused: :embrass:

any senior can teach?? thx!!!

joey91 said:
next month got singapore fire work festival...:thumbsup: :lovegrin: :sweatsm:
any detail of skill for shooting?? i know need to use the black card... but i dunno how to use...:confused: :embrass:

any senior can teach?? thx!!!
Not necessarily need black card, timer with remote release will do.

joey91 said:
i only free on TUE... :( :cry:

one day only difficult to learn much..
try to see if you can get off on weekend or not then.

if i am not wrong, the black card is to "trick" the camera to extend its shutter speed to like 12-15 seconds ?? IF i am not wrong that is.. but i dun know how much timing u will get thou...

get a remote shutter release..... black card... nahs.. forget it..

glennyong said:
if i am not wrong, the black card is to "trick" the camera to extend its shutter speed to like 12-15 seconds ?? IF i am not wrong that is.. but i dun know how much timing u will get thou...

get a remote shutter release..... black card... nahs.. forget it..
The purpose of black card is to avoid shaking/vibration recorded on photo when the mirror flap up.

I found I need a black card since my tripod is not so stable, and the remote does not prevent shake/vibration.

Some camera can do mirror up before the shutter open. This kind of camera do not need black card to avoid above problem.

Regards,
Arto.

Sorry, may I know how do you shoot that you did not capture any smoke (some ps required?) and also dun have one patch of light at the center of the firework.
I mostly use bulb mode with F8-F16 with around +-10sec.

Thks.

tat mean only got a stable tripod n the remote / cable ,then no need black card.. rite??:think:

joey91 said:
tat mean only got a stable tripod n the remote / cable ,then no need black card.. rite??:think:
If your tripod (with camera on it) does not shake/vibrate when shutter open ==> Yes. No need black card.

Regards,
Arto.

Zaknafein said:
i thought the black card is used for multiple exposures??
Can be anything. It is all depends on your creativity and imagination. Sometimes it is useful also to block strong bright light entering your lens, to provide black background in macro, etc.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.