how to shoot the fast moving thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangfook77

Jun 24, 2008
just bought nikon P5100, dnt know how to maximize the application of this camera, i just know use the Auto mode, press half, after green light stay, press in.

Any know here can teach me how to use the function of P,A,S,M in this camera?

And how to shoot fast moving thing? because when i using Auto mode, after press until the picture captured, i think need 2 second, correct me if i am wrong (focus-shoot-flashing-capture). after all this process, the thing already out of my target.

Thank you...

Pre-focus and pan: half-press to focus on the ground way in front of the dog and hold. When it runs to that spot, press fully. Pan with the dog so as to keep up with it and not worry about the exact timing.

Focusing need not be very precise since P5100 has relatively large DOF.

just bought nikon P5100, dnt know how to maximize the application of this camera, i just know use the Auto mode, press half, after green light stay, press in.

And how to shoot fast moving thing? because when i using Auto mode, after press until the picture captured, i think need 2 second, correct me if i am wrong (focus-shoot-flashing-capture). after all this process, the thing already out of my target.

Thank you...

firstly may i suggest you read the manual for your camera first? it's important for you to know your camera before you start creating your masterpieces.

secondly prefocus before you subject come into your focus point. whatever it is, learn about your camera first.

firstly may i suggest you read the manual for your camera first? it's important for you to know your camera before you start creating your masterpieces.

secondly prefocus before you subject come into your focus point. whatever it is, learn about your camera first.

not forgetting to use a fast shutter speed to freeze the subject. :)

How to shoot the fast moving thing ?
So the topic is related to shutter speed which is related to S mode.

Read this link for more details on shutter speed

-Use fast shutter speed settings, the photo will turn up everything within the frame is sharp.
-Use slow shutter speed settings and pan to the object movement, the photo will turn up object sharp and background motion blur.

So what effect do you want to achieve ?

Thank you...

you should attend classes instead of asking this questions in forum. coz, the answer is gonna be pages...

Thank you...
read sulhan's photography notes in the articles & guides section, or grab a basic photography book from the library. essentially what you have said here, i must express a slight amount of disgust. second part maybe not so, but "how to use P, A, S, M".. there are only tons of literature out there. be resourceful, don't be lazy, and you'll find that learning and exploring photography by yourself is actually very fun and rewarding.

for fast moving objects, you need a fast shutter speed to freeze it, OR you can pan.

but as to why so, and what panning is, you have to find out yourself. without understanding of exposure, no one here can tell you how to do it without writing 20 pages of tedious details.

How to shoot the fast moving thing ?
So the topic is related to shutter speed which is related to S mode.

Read this link for more details on shutter speed

-Use fast shutter speed settings, the photo will turn up everything within the frame is sharp.
-Use slow shutter speed settings and pan to the object movement, the photo will turn up object sharp and background motion blur.

So what effect do you want to achieve ?

Hi, I got some problem with slow shutter speed panning.
IMO, I think this is the most difficult part in taking photo.
The situation is that most of the time I got only a few seconds to pan with the object.
Most likely only got one chance to take the shot, so also very gan chong.
Almost everytime, my object turn out blur;p
Any sugguestion to improve on this or how to practice on it?
I was thinking of practicing on moving cars on street but afraid that they will stop to complain or even worst cause some accident;p

Status
Not open for further replies.