Not open for further replies.

iltriumph

Feb 23, 2005
Saigon, Vietnam
www.vietnam720.com
5200.jpg
[/IMG]

Dear Guys,

How do i go abt shooting the display of the phone properly? AS u can see in the picture above, it's certainly not clear enough. I've taken this pix with a tripod. So it's surely not because of handshake that it's blur.

Btw, the display was taken on a 2nd shot where i turned off all lights. Took the pic (of the display) and paste it on the original via Photoshop.

Thanks

shoot the screen first
then shoot the phone
thereafter merge together in PS

for me i rest the phone on the table
tripod with cam point down
long exposure abt 30.
manual without flash.

yea its actualy very easy

5200.jpg
[/IMG]

Dear Guys,

How do i go abt shooting the display of the phone properly? AS u can see in the picture above, it's certainly not clear enough. I've taken this pix with a tripod. So it's surely not because of handshake that it's blur.

Btw, the display was taken on a 2nd shot where i turned off all lights. Took the pic (of the display) and paste it on the original via Photoshop.

Thanks

your angle seem ok to shoot direct already... seems like you did not use any flash.

you off the screen first, take a shot, check for any reflection on the screen.
if yes, reposition your light till see no reflection.
than turn the screen on, off all ambient light, shoot without the flash, see how long exposure you need to see the screen clearly.
finally, off all ambient and shoot with flash, plus long shutter speed.

all in one shot, no need photoshop.

I find it very easy, just take out the camera, make sure that the handphone is under well lighted condition, when you shoot, make sure that there is no reflection on the display. Due to raster scan of the display, don't use speed faster than 1/20: First picture taken by Nikon D40, second picture taken by a P&S Sony W5, the speed was set to 1/15, and third picture was taken by the same Sony with speed of 1/80. Mustn't use flash or else will have reflection on the screen.

All shots taken in the office under normal lighting:

This is taken by D40, can't remember the setting of the camera:
Palm680.jpg

This was taken using P&S Sony W5 with speed set to 1/15, handheld:
DSC00199.jpg

This was taken by the same Sony but speed at 1/80, you can see the raster scan of the display:
DSC00198.jpg

I am not an expert, jsut to share my experience. May be you can try to just shoot and see the result. Hope this will help.

Dear guys,

I've tried again and the results are positive. :)

Thank u all again for taking time to teach. Appreciate it much :)

Hi,

If you don't mind I ask how you did it? taking 2 shots then cut and paste or just shoot in good lighting condition? Any special setting of speed?

i think mine the white balance is off, but the screen pretty sharp? ;p

dsc00575ee7.jpg

actually, the way its done in the industry is to take the phone with the screen off, then fit in (or rather "strip-in") an image of the screen generated from computer, either by the DI or graphic artist or from a screen or background generating software...that's why the screens look so good...also, that's why there is always a disclaimer in the ads that the screen image is generated...;)

A bit of Lightroom and walah!

dsc00575ee7-Edit.jpg

actually, the way its done in the industry is to take the phone with the screen off, then fit in (or rather "strip-in") an image of the screen generated from computer, either by the DI or graphic artist or from a screen or background generating software...that's why the screens look so good...also, that's why there is always a disclaimer in the ads that the screen image is generated...;)

Yah.. in those cases, the screens are usually showing a very high resolution which the real LCD is not even capable of. ;p

Yah.. in those cases, the screens are usually showing a very high resolution which the real LCD is not even capable of. ;p
as long as look good can already mah... they trying to sell phone, not report news :D

Status
Not open for further replies.