how to shoot sunray

Status
Not open for further replies.
find one and experiment..

why is it that all the new kids on clubsnap just expect to be spoonfed information nowdays?

By waiting for the right light at the right place at the right time... No filter is gonna give you that... except, maybe, if you're really good with Photoshop, those filters might do it for you.

Wah, this you can also see with your naked eye, and you still need to ask?

hi, how do u all shoot sunray like the one below

http://theroxor.com/2009/12/29/beautiful-sun-ray-photography/

is it by using filter or anything?
this is cause by the light ray pass thru fog, mist, or smoke in the air, it is more visible especially when the light ray against darker background.

you can see it with your naked eyes, don't need to use photographic filter.

try botanic garden in the morning, you might chance upon it.

try botanic garden in the morning, you might chance upon it.
oh yes, at the right place and the right time.... :bsmilie:

sharing a very old photo.

DSC_1677.jpg

yes, at the right place and the right time.... :bsmilie:

tiger.jpg

You can create your own at home also;) and you can try all the setting you want and experiment... but nothing beats the natural settings

1. Use a single light source to shine at an object, say a plant
2. Use a lighted cigaretted to create some smoke in front of the plant
3. Shine the light from the back of the plant
4. Due to the smoke particle, you should see some light rays thru the plants

Caveat emptor: Never tried this before, but theoretically, should be correct ;p
Politically correct: Cigarette smoke is bad for your health
Common sense: Fire maybe hazardous

why is it that all the new kids on clubsnap just expect to be spoonfed information nowdays?

Isn't this the place to ask if newbies are unsure? You are not answering his qn at all.

btw, you need smoke, mist, or haze..

basically things that act as a "screen" for the light.

that is for that kind of situation..

if you have nice enough clouds, you can get what are termed as god's rays as well:

1507225683_7f4fd5df86_o.jpg

like jopel says.. right place, right time!

for god's rays, if you want a foreground, then you might possibly need a means to balance out exposure. if you don't know what i mean, go out, shoot more, think more.

for the means, a gnd filter helps, hdr can help if you do it nicely enough, digital blending can help.

yes, at the right place and the right time.... :bsmilie:

tiger.jpg

This is cool. Awesome that you were there to see and capture this shot. Envious as the last time to the zoo, the tigers were sleeping and the light was flat.

A jungle canopy just after sunrise will provide the kind of light you need.

1. Bring your own smoke/fog machine
2. Or wait for mist/fog/haze to come
3. Find a place where sunlight filters through leaves in the canopy, through clouds, through windows etc. (basically objects that partially blocks the light)

Don't know why meh??? They want to be up to speed in no time. Give them one year and they want to overtake you for the bragging rights.

Still don't get it??? Never mind... Just bring out the spoon and feed them. Trust me...it makes you look good.

Isn't this the place to ask if newbies are unsure? You are not answering his qn at all.

well...
theres legitimate questions..

and then theres spoonfeeding.

"i like this effect but cant be bothered to google a how to or even experiment.. tell me how to do it from scratch NOW" is asking to be spoonfed

"i like this effect, had a go at it, can't seem to get it quite right... here are some samples can anyone give me any tips?" is a real question.

well...
theres legitimate questions..

and then theres spoonfeeding.

"i like this effect but cant be bothered to google a how to or even experiment.. tell me how to do it from scratch NOW" is asking to be spoonfed

"i like this effect, had a go at it, can't seem to get it quite right... here are some samples can anyone give me any tips?" is a real question.

word!

Status
Not open for further replies.