how to shoot sunray

Status
Not open for further replies.
"i like this effect, had a go at it, can't seem to get it quite right... here are some samples can anyone give me any tips?" is a real question.

hahahaha

"what camera to buy? i know all of you are going to be biased because everyone uses one brand, or some use 3 brands for fun.. and there are more independent reviews out there on the net and the shops will let me try, but i just want to ask!"

"how much is this thing going for in shops, even though the number is listed everywhere in the web and i can call them to find out immediately?"

"where do i go in singapore for sunset? i know that photography is about finding beauty in everyday things, but i need to find some place to burn time at!"

hahahaha

"what camera to buy? i know all of you are going to be biased because everyone uses one brand, or some use 3 brands for fun.. and there are more independent reviews out there on the net and the shops will let me try, but i just want to ask!"

"how much is this thing going for in shops, even though the number is listed everywhere in the web and i can call them to find out immediately?"

"where do i go in singapore for sunset? i know that photography is about finding beauty in everyday things, but i need to find some place to burn time at!"

lulz.

we should start a thread entirely on annoying questions ;p

"I already know what camera I'm going to buy, but i just still want to ask with no purpose whats the difference beetween nikon and canon?"

"My parents/friends/homies say I should buy sony, someone tell me why I shouldnt... even if i can do a quick search and come up with about a million answers to the exact same question"

"What is ISO and shutter speed? sorry i couldnt be bothered to click on the little google search bar on my internet, instead i decided to go through a couple more pages and start a new thread so TELL ME"

:bsmilie:

lulz.

we should start a thread entirely on annoying questions ;p

"I already know what camera I'm going to buy, but i just still want to ask with no purpose whats the difference beetween nikon and canon?"

"My parents/friends/homies say I should buy sony, someone tell me why I shouldnt... even if i can do a quick search and come up with about a million answers to the exact same question"

"What is ISO and shutter speed? sorry i couldnt be bothered to click on the little google search bar on my internet, instead i decided to go through a couple more pages and start a new thread so TELL ME"

:bsmilie:

Guess what Bro? I think we are beginning to sound like broken old tape recorders. Maybe we should compile a poll of frequently asked can't be bothered to research before asking stupid questions. Maybe we can get a prize for innovation. Hahaha...

Maybe all questions can be answered by

"You need either a Nikon D3S or EOS 1DMkIV to get those kind of pictures" :cry:

Guess what Bro? I think we are beginning to sound like broken old tape recorders. Maybe we should compile a poll of frequently asked can't be bothered to research before asking stupid questions. Maybe we can get a prize for innovation. Hahaha...

that honestly sounds doable hahah

then pm one of the mods or a site admin to make it so that anyone who has an account less then say a month old (assuming theyre new) is forced to read the thread (ie: an annoying pop up that will not go away until you read it)

:devil: hehehe

hi, how do u all shoot sunray like the one below

http://theroxor.com/2009/12/29/beautiful-sun-ray-photography/

is it by using filter or anything?

GND filter helps since it will compress the dynamic range and thus helps.

If you can see it, you can shoot it. Of course exposure competency helps.

I did not notice the rays in this pic when shooting the pic below, it was there but just that the midday sky was too bright for my eyes to see. It was when combining exposure for HDR that I realized its actually there.

3283815891_8895c29600_o.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe all questions can be answered by

"You need either a Nikon D3S or EOS 1DMkIV to get those kind of pictures" :cry:

that honestly sounds doable hahah

then pm one of the mods or a site admin to make it so that anyone who has an account less then say a month old (assuming theyre new) is forced to read the thread (ie: an annoying pop up that will not go away until you read it)

:devil: hehehe

Maybe its easier if you guys ignore such threads in the first place. What's with the mob mentality against newbies these days, and the one upsmanship?

Maybe its easier if you guys ignore such threads in the first place. What's with the mob mentality against newbies these days, and the one upsmanship?

Coffee taste nice when you...arrgh...I mean photograph looks nice when you press the button. Cheers...lighten up. My tape recorder is broken again...:sweat:

People, tell me, who r born into this earth knowing everything until u are being forced to learn? You or me? i doubt so. This is an interesting forums where skills and techniques are being shared around. I came here to learn as a newbie too. Look at my post. Its very little only. No questions are deemed stupid unless you are a retard and considered peopleqns as "non-constructive....blahblah". Think about this, supposingly this is your mother who is asking you this question, will you say her enquiring on stupid questions.

True enough, there are lazy people around. But they mean no harm. Y detest/hate them just because you all think its stupid. Haven't you grow up asking "Why is the sky blue???" without googling it in the first place?

Pls be nice. Dun be a loser. Shared and make this place an intuitive place for everyone including the young and old who are keen to learned. Peace dudes and babes!

Thanks a lot.

Coffee taste nice when you...arrgh...I mean photograph looks nice when you press the button. Cheers...lighten up. My tape recorder is broken again...:sweat:

I think you need to print on Epson paper then only look nice.

Cheers.. *hiccup*

People, tell me, who r born into this earth knowing everything until u are being forced to learn? You or me? i doubt so. This is an interesting forums where skills and techniques are being shared around. I came here to learn as a newbie too. Look at my post. Its very little only. No questions are deemed stupid unless you are a retard and considered peopleqns as "non-constructive....blahblah". Think about this, supposingly this is your mother who is asking you this question, will you say her enquiring on stupid questions.

True enough, there are lazy people around. But they mean no harm. Y detest/hate them just because you all think its stupid. Haven't you grow up asking "Why is the sky blue???" without googling it in the first place?

Pls be nice. Dun be a loser. Shared and make this place an intuitive place for everyone including the young and old who are keen to learned. Peace dudes and babes!

Thanks a lot.

Agree.
I am sure so do many others who responded with suggestions, experiences and even jokes (I specially like the cigarette smoke ones!:bsmilie:). This is Newbies Corner, and I think 'How to get this effect' questions are valid, since it's specific enough and it's non-offensive.
(Then again, I am also a lazy b******!)
:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.