How to setup extra Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loboclerk

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
Hi all,

Is it possible to use my popup flash, and on top of that, sync to another external flash unit either via cable or wireless?

I'm using D80 with an old mecablitz 32Z-1 flash.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi all,

Is it possible to use my popup flash, and on top of that, sync to another external flash unit either via cable or wireless?

Thanks for any advice!

yep if you use a SB-600 / SB-800 / SB-900 , doing that'll be a sitch ;p

Hi all,

Thanks for any advice!

Not with this flash.

But with SB-600 or 800 or 900, you can set them as remote flash units and set your pop-up flash as a commander to trigger them

an optical slave trigger that attaches to your metz flash would do the trick, or a long PC sync cord..

you can use your D80 built in flash to trigger the mecablitz 32Z-1 flash, but you need to get a optical slave to attach to your mecablitz 32Z-1 flash. but make sure the built in flash must able to "see" the receiver (slave)

or you can get two hotshoe adaptors, one for the camera and one for the flash, connect both together via a PC sync cable, cos I don't think D80 and the flash have a PC sync terminal.

do note your flash will work on A* or manual modeit only

* will work on A mode if only one flash is using, or the auto sensor does not see flash light from another flash.

Does the D80 emit a digital pre-flash, and can you cancel it?

If not, the optical slave you get must be digital-ready, aka, will not trigger your external flash on the emission of the pre-flah, but at the second pulse of the main flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.