How to set so that the blue dophin can be seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurblur

Aug 10, 2006
Singapore
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13884947@N06/1470775375

Setting :
A100 with 16-80
F Number : F/22
Exposure Time : 25sec
Exposure Program : Aperture Priority
Exposure Compensation : -0.3 step
Focal length : 60mm
ISO : 200
Flash : None
With Tripod

Can master here tell me where did I done wrongly? As I can't see the blue dophin on the bridge, only able to see light rather then the blue color dophin.

Thanks

Over exposed on the dolphin, where camera sensor can't capture the blue colour due to sensor limitation (and showing mostly white only), so can see very light blue colour only.
1470775375_1179cad762.jpg

oic. thanks bro

I too late to there so miss the golden time as Blk 399 got too much good food. heeeeeeee

open in PS and creat new layer
change blend mode to multiply
select nice blue colour
select paintbrush tool and set to desired width and softness
paint on that new layer
adjust opacity to taste

have fun! :)

Thanks will try tonight. after adjust, can print into A4 rite?

Thanks again

25 sec exposure...so the blue dophlins got over exposed. If you try the same shots again, compose and try to estimate where they are thru the viewfinder. Then maybe after 15 secs ..run a pencil or finger over the lens where the dophlins might be . in camera dodging :)

Why not just delibrately underexpose by 2 stops, so that you will not blow the highlights?

Or take a 10 sec shot, a 15 sec shot then a 25 sec shot... Use the magic wand tool to select the blue dolphines from a 10 or 15 sec shot, then copy them to a new layer exactly on top of the over-exposed dolphins.

Very new to DSLR, only playing with "Aperture Priority" this time round & let the camera set the exp time for me.

Will try to shoot more so that can have a feel on how to use the manual way.

Thanks for advise.

Now I know that PS can do magic even the photo is not well taken. Now must buy PS. heeeeee:)

Thanks will try tonight. after adjust, can print into A4 rite?

Thanks again

if you edit in the original size without editing shld be able to print ur desired size lo. :bigeyes:

Why not just delibrately underexpose by 2 stops, so that you will not blow the highlights?

yupz! can lower ur iso to 100 also. it does not need to be at 200.setting at 100 will be better:) i guess for such a shot, jus set lowest iso, smallest apperture and play with the exposure timings, i think for this 12-17 secs wld have been enough for the reflections. the small image on the right was also over exposed.. abit of an eyesore! but in all.. its a nice shot! keep shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.