how to set photogallery online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Mar 17, 2002
north
Visit site
hi,

i am interested to start a website that ppl can view, select and purchase high res. pics after browsing at low res version. anyone have done this or know how i can do this? any lobang or website that has ready template that i can do this. need to do it fast. any help appreciated. thanks!

do u have domain name & hosting service? setup an online gallery with these...

http://coppermine-gallery.net or http://gallery.menalto.com

then add shopping cart scripts / plugins into your gallery.

Or if u have Photoshop, read this.

Or if u know Joomla, then I recommend using this module extension.

hi, thanks for the reply. i have yet to get a domain adn server. visited the coppermine website. so if i get a domain and server i can just use the software to do the uploading via ITP? like frontpage?

thanks. pardon my ignorance on IT matters

hi, thanks for the reply. i have yet to get a domain adn server. visited the coppermine website. so if i get a domain and server i can just use the software to do the uploading via ITP? like frontpage?

thanks. pardon my ignorance on IT matters

easiest way if u know Fronpage will be setting up a photo gallery with FP , then sign up with Paypal and add Paypal "buttons" to your pics. Paypal scripts are easy to use, but if u have hundreds of pics then will be very troublesome :sweat: u know PHP?

u can find some free web host but i would recommend getting a paid one.

easiest way if u know Fronpage will be setting up a photo gallery with FP , then sign up with Paypal and add Paypal "buttons" to your pics. Paypal scripts are easy to use, but if u have hundreds of pics then will be very troublesome :sweat: u know PHP?

tried using frontpage once but nearly died linking thumbnails to full res.:bsmilie:

and dunnot PHP. are there any hosting sites that i can purchase doamin off the site and have template to start selling photos. i think i would not have the time to learn PHP! need this up by 4 weeks!

Have, like this one, but will cost $$$. Will try to search for a easy solution for you, i've done it the hard way last time without knowledge of PHP also. Basic HTML u ok?

Found one which is easy to use and free, excluding domain name and web host of course.

- Get JAlbum.

- Add in any of these 4 skins with integrated shopping carts, 3 of them are using Paypal for credit card payment.

- Start customizing.

thanks Kiama and eugeneceh;)

am truely greatful for the help. haven done webhost etc for a long time. and the last time i did it i only used frontpage...so paisei..know nothing about HTML too:embrass:

just to add that i need one that uses own web name....cannot be sub-link to another hosting name etc...

thanks Kiama and eugeneceh;)

am truely greatful for the help. haven done webhost etc for a long time. and the last time i did it i only used frontpage...so paisei..know nothing about HTML too:embrass:

just to add that i need one that uses own web name....cannot be sub-link to another hosting name etc...

just reg a .com, get a hosting, preferably local hosting...

then change the nameserver to the local host.

then inside local host, you can ftp your works in...

if u wan a simple to use gallery, i suggest using lightroom to make your gallery... its simple yet look very professional.

coppermine & gallery2 need to have knowledge about php and stuff... sometimes it gets really complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.