How to set Oly C-2100UZ to use more than >2 sec of exposure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Anyone using the abovementioned DC?
Cannot seems to find it in the manual.
Please assist.

Thank you.:cry:

use full manual exposure.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc2100uz/page5.asp

M Full Manual Exposure

In this mode you select the aperture and the shutter speed from any combination of the above (plus additional shutter speeds down to 16 seconds). Left and right arrows select aperture, up and down arrows select shutter speed. Beside the aperture and shutter speed readout there's a metering readout which will tell you if you're within 3 EV of the metered exposure (+/-3EV), over this value the camera will read out either -3 or +3 in RED.

Originally posted by fusetrips
Anyone using the abovementioned DC?
Cannot seems to find it in the manual.
Please assist.

Thank you.:cry:

Hey Bro....see ur PM...I replied u liao. ;)

Originally posted by Jayan
Hey Bro....see ur PM...I replied u liao. ;)

Fusetrips can you kindly forward me Jayan's reply as well... I am also having trouble figuring it out...
thnx a million

Ok guys...the reason why u all can't seem to find any answers in that flimsy manual Olympus supplied us is becos the answers are simply not in there!

There's a more complete manual in PDF format that's included on the Camedia master CD-ROM.

Cheers!

Ok guys...the reason why u all can't seem to find any answers in that flimsy manual Olympus supplied us is becos the answers are simply not in there!

There's a more complete manual in PDF format that's included on the Camedia master CD-ROM.
Cheers!

Hi Jayan
this is the question I've been meaning to ask... how come our Olympus 2100UZ only has a full size manual printed in Chinese? I suspect the stock might be intended for Taiwan. Very strange. I have been trying to print out pages I need as I don like to read off the screen... Librarian lah, professional hazard.

Originally posted by sebastiansong

Hi Jayan
this is the question I've been meaning to ask... how come our Olympus 2100UZ only has a full size manual printed in Chinese? I suspect the stock might be intended for Taiwan. Very strange. I have been trying to print out pages I need as I don like to read off the screen... Librarian lah, professional hazard.

Alamak! <Jayan slapped himself on the forehead>

Mystery solved eh??? :bsmilie:

BTW, Sebastian, u tested ur UZI for hot pixels already or not???

BTW, Sebastian, u tested ur UZI for hot pixels already or not???

Jayan just out of curiosity... are you Chinese? Just curious about the origin of your nick...

hot pixels... hmmm I just did the shoot black object and see if got hot pixel... is there any other test I should do?

btw Jayan did you bring your camera to upgrade firmware?

Jayan just out of curiosity... are you Chinese? Just curious about the origin of your nick...

hot pixels... hmmm I just did the shoot black object and see if got hot pixel... is there any other test I should do?

btw Jayan did you bring your camera to upgrade firmware?

Am I Chinese? Or am I Indian? What do u think??? :D

My nick is the initials of my name Jay (J) An (N).

Besides the noise there'll be a few pixels that are especially 'hot' and show up in no matter what exposures....these can be considered dead or stuck pixels....u can get Oly SG to map these out.

Nope..Mr. Goh says no need to upgrade cos diff version of firmware is tied to diff batches of c-2100uz (think got minor change in components used).

Thnx Jayan for the quick feedback...

ok I take a guess... you are Chinese. Anyway no difference at all since I am not racist but more of a jester... :D

Thnx Jayan for the quick feedback...

ok I take a guess... you are Chinese. Anyway no difference at all since I am not racist but more of a jester... :D

Erm...have u heard of any Teochew Indian living in Hougang???

A funny librarian.....kinda contradictory, don't u think??? :D
<no offense>

A funny librarian.....kinda contradictory, don't u think??? :D
<no offense>

None taken... I tot NLB was short for National Libido Board hence I applied... never looked back (NLB) since (actually it would be a compliment to my colleagues... most of them are very funny too)

Jayan if you are into DVDs or audio visual stuff you could pm me and we could take this trading of opinion offline...:D

Fusetrips can you kindly forward me Jayan's reply as well... I am also having trouble figuring it out...
thnx a million

Done!:)

I tot NLB was short for National Libido Board hence I applied...

Muahahahhahahhahah............!!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie:

Originally posted by fusetrips

Done!:)

Hey Bro....u done the hot pixel test too?

Find those bright spots very irritating......now my CCD fine-tuned till only after 4 sec then can see one or two hot pixels...the rest are noise (dunno how many transistors Oly SG mapped out in the process :eek: )

I went Oly SG so many times that the Customer Service gal asked me how come I went there so often!!!

P.S. BTW I changed to a new DC liao...detected some grinding noise in the IS system.....Mr. Goh saide it's normal but still changed a new one that emits a low, normal hum for me. :p I veri the meow one, u know?!?!

Hey Bro....u done the hot pixel test too?

wah like dat must arrange a session to buy you coffee and ask you to help me test the camera... you the Uzi expert now... let you inspect before going down to Olympus...:gbounce:

Jayan thinking of getting image tank?

wah like dat must arrange a session to buy you coffee and ask you to help me test the camera... you the Uzi expert now... let you inspect before going down to Olympus...:gbounce:

Jayan thinking of getting image tank?

No, not the image tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.