how to set Dry cabinet's humidity level at 45-55%

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpoh

Oct 23, 2002
i just bought this DigiCabi Dry Cabinet from carrefour. Hydometer remain showed between 70% to 80% regardless the humidiry control turn to .

Q1)
i'm not quite sure on how to dial the humidity control (T.E Cooling System) either set to LOW (turn right) or HIGH (turn left) in order to keep my hydometer at level 45%-55%. Am I suppose to turn to max right or left ??
(According to Manual: The humidity becomes lower as the dial is turned to the right, and becomes higher when turned to the left.)

Q2)
Can I've aslo put in all the rechargeable Li-on, AA batteries, flashes, TC len, CF cards. ANy damage to them if humidity level kept at 45%-55% ??

Q3)
Can i also put in the softcases (for DC & TC lens)? izit alrite to put in leather case, camera bag into dry cabinet. ?? ANy damage to them if humidity level kept at 45%-55% ??

hope to hear from u soon.

thanks,

Have you tried switching off the system (can this be done? I dunno ) and trying with silica gel instead? if there is a change then maybe your system is a bit kaput? or else maybe your meter kaput?

Originally posted by Silverelf
Have you tried switching off the system (can this be done? I dunno ) and trying with silica gel instead? if there is a change then maybe your system is a bit kaput? or else maybe your meter kaput?

why buy a dry cabinet, then switch it off and use silica gel???? :rolleyes:

be patient, the RH takes time to stablise.

My Sony camera's thin leather handstrap disintegrated after being stored a few months in a 45% digicabi drybox. No idea if it's because of the humidity.

Originally posted by mervlam

LOL... if like that better buy dry box, more than enough... :bsmilie:

the RH will take one day to be stable, i used 3-4 days to make it stable at 45% also, the weather seem like will slightly affect, usually after stable, mine will be around 40-45%

Set to the right on LOW and leave it for a day, 24 hours, without opening the cabinet. It should, if it's working show a decrease in humidity. To get to 45%, it may take another day. If u keep opening cabinet it will not be able to remove the moisture as the opening of the cabinet will introduce the room air (normal moist) into the cabinet, so it will take longer to remove the moisture. Once it reach 45% it would stay there. If u need to open the cabinet to take or put in stuff, do it quickly and keep the door opening to the minimum. The humidity ought to increase slightly but will come down to 45 %.

Set your control to max power (i.e., lowest humidity) and leave it. If the RH still doesn't go down to below 50 after a day or two then your dry box is kaput.

thanks for many replies.

this morning i called up DigiCabi & their techie told me just turn the knob to LOW max to keep it stable at 45% b4 putting in any DCs. Once stable at 45%, turn the knob to 2 o'clock direction to maintain the desired humidity.

he also advice not to put in any pouch or softcase.

rgds,

Originally posted by mervlam

I didn't mean to do it permanently mah... just temporary check.

Status
Not open for further replies.