How to sell photos to agency in singapore etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenyong

Deregistered
Nov 28, 2007
I have taken thousands of slide , films and lately digital images. Any idea how to sell them to photo agency in Sg or elsewhere? a good palce to start with ? thanks. :)

Look them up in Yellow Pages and make appointment to see them.

Have a well-edited porfolio ready that shows your images can make money for them. When they sell anything you get a certain percentage of it.

u can also look at online sites such as shutterstock and istock as well.

You can sign up at Dreamstime. See my gallery at Dreamstime below.

You can do a search for singapore photographers at Dreamstime and you realise a lot of singaporeans are selling photos there. They pay via PayPal so you can sign up for one for around $1++.

I have an account with shutterstock but my images dont move much. I get more income from referals haha..

Shutterstock and istockphoto need a scanned copy of your driving license as verification. I feel this is troublesome. My preferred is Dreamstime & Fotolia. In fact, I just signed up for Fotolia. Hope my images pass the review.

Referrals does not earn you much but it is interesting to see many referrals under your name. :)

Shutterstock and istockphoto need a scanned copy of your driving license as verification. I feel this is troublesome. My preferred is Dreamstime & Fotolia. In fact, I just signed up for Fotolia. Hope my images pass the review.

Referrals does not earn you much but it is interesting to see many referrals under your name. :)

troublesome-ness ensures quality. finally accepted by shutterstock after 4 tries and sales come in everyday. initially 8 pictures and i got 5.50 on my first 2 days. now after 6days, i've about 16.25. hope it doesn't stop there!

i swear getting rejected for 3 times earlier was a pain because shutterstock got to wait for 30 days before you can resubmit..and i'm glad i'm finally onboard. haha

troublesome-ness ensures quality. finally accepted by shutterstock after 4 tries and sales come in everyday. initially 8 pictures and i got 5.50 on my first 2 days. now after 6days, i've about 16.25. hope it doesn't stop there!

i swear getting rejected for 3 times earlier was a pain because shutterstock got to wait for 30 days before you can resubmit..and i'm glad i'm finally onboard. haha

:D I see you uploaded a lot of pics at dreamstime. thanks for adding me as one of your favourite photographers.

It used to be very easy but they stepped up on Q.C. since they've grown so big. Ya, its quite fustrated to have your images rejected, especially when they were not entered in the category they want you to.

It used to be very easy but they stepped up on Q.C. since they've grown so big. Ya, its quite fustrated to have your images rejected, especially when they were not entered in the category they want you to.

Dreamstime was a pain sometimes too.

They always say "Poor lighting setup, poor contrast or incorrect exposure." when nothing was wrong.

at least they give reason? :bsmilie:

my DT they just say 'this is not what we are looking for' LoL

Lifestyle images featuring beautiful people in exquisite settings would be a hot seller.

Sion if only it was always true. Truth is the best picture is nothing if there it can not appeal to a buyer. ROFL tell that to Corbis, Jupiter, Getty dammm picky wah.

Dreamstime was a pain sometimes too.

They always say "Poor lighting setup, poor contrast or incorrect exposure." when nothing was wrong.

Don't know how true it is, I've read somewhere the inspectors reject certain photos so not to have competition with them. Sometimes rejected photos with saleable potentials are copied and uploaded by inspectors.

After all inspectors are recruited from photographers like you. Some people think there is a bit of conflict of interest there.

Status
Not open for further replies.