How to self-make a bounce card for 420Ex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10cm x 10cm will be nice enough. laminate. not too big not too small.. can use velcro and apply to the flash head and the card itself . zek has done one b4...he gave me one sample but i think i somehow lost it :bsmilie:

hmm... got tat... but how do you stick the bounce card to the flash???........................................

I now use cardboard or 3 pieces of A4 paper folded into 2 and then folded into a shape resembling a triangle and then use 2 rubber bands. Bend it a bit and voila - I have one in 30 seconds even if I forget - and I can choose very white paper or slightly yellowish one to warm up the flash.

I used to use Lumiquest softbox but you know what - after a few years the plastic yellows with age and then you get warm colour balance all the time.

Ah Pao said:
Elegant method: use velcro tapes.
Cheapo method: use rubber bands.

You forgot to mention the permanent method. SupaGlue! :D

RossChang said:
hmm... got tat... but how do you stick the bounce card to the flash???........................................
Hi Ross,

For 550EX, 1 x Gutter (yes, the army type) would be just nice. The hooks make it easy to attach/detach.
But for 420EX, gutter may be a bit loose. Can try going 2 rounds?

Sold off my omnibounce after I made my own bounce card, using very cheap and easily available material.
Can refer to my previous post on this.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=475355&postcount=9

Ah Pao said:
Elegant method: use velcro tapes.
Cheapo method: use rubber bands.

I use blue tack, it works too but you must secure it well first else it'll keep falling off. It's faster and easier for me to switch orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.