How to say Sorry in Hokkien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Was wondering just now, due to my limited hokkien vocabulary, i dunno how to say sorry in Hokkien, maybe if i learnt it, the guy would'nt be so pissed that i use english 'sorry' to reply him...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Was wondering just now, due to my limited hokkien vocabulary, i dunno how to say sorry in Hokkien, maybe if i learnt it, the guy would'nt be so pissed that i use english 'sorry' to reply him...

dui mm zhu

I think "pai seh" is fine too.... just my two cents worth

centuryegg said:
I think "pai seh" is fine too.... just my two cents worth

I said pai seh, den sorry, den the person still frown & look so angry at me... and worse off... i din even know what i did wrong... :cry: so i thought might be he wanted to hear me say sorry in hokkien...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
an zhua ler gong eh kuah si teochew, meng si hokkien?

wa si teochew nang mah

teochew mah si tah 'dui mm zhu'

ying bo peh yo tia

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
I said pai seh, den sorry, den the person still frown & look so angry at me... and worse off... i din even know what i did wrong... :cry: so i thought might be he wanted to hear me say sorry in hokkien...

pai seh = 不好意思 = pardon me (as in when asking a question ... or even showing some arrogance at times, not sorry!)

err ... abit hard to explain they sound like interchangeable but in dialect they mean different things ... aiyah, me also blur liao hahahahaha

ortega said:
wah lau eh! solli lah!

hmm, i said, pai seh, solli, den the guy frown at me...

anyway, the guy was riding a motorbike, den i dunno when did i ever cross his path, anyway, he was behind me, all the way, saw him trying to overtake my left or right, but kena stuck between the cars, finally at the traffic light, he came to my right, den dunno what he said, i show him a dunno sign, den he ask me to wind down window, so i wind down, den he said in hokkien, your car no stop sign? (ler eh chia bo stop sign eh ar)... den i was thinking wtf he saying... den was composing a way to reply in hokkien, and since i dunno wtf is wrong, and it doesn't hurt to say sorry to anything, so i told him, Pai Seh, Sorry ar... den the person still frown & gimme the tulan look, den dun move off, traffic turn green, so i moved, and he was like a slow tortise at the back... oh well... sometimes dunno y ppl think like i can understand hokkien...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm, i said, pai seh, solli, den the guy frown at me...

anyway, the guy was riding a motorbike, den i dunno when did i ever cross his path, anyway, he was behind me, all the way, saw him trying to overtake my left or right, but kena stuck between the cars, finally at the traffic light, he came to my right, den dunno what he said, i show him a dunno sign, den he ask me to wind down window, so i wind down, den he said in hokkien, your car no stop sign? (ler eh chia bo stop sign eh ar)... den i was thinking wtf he saying... den was composing a way to reply in hokkien, and since i dunno wtf is wrong, and it doesn't hurt to say sorry to anything, so i told him, Pai Seh, Sorry ar... den the person still frown & gimme the tulan look, den dun move off, traffic turn green, so i moved, and he was like a slow tortise at the back... oh well... sometimes dunno y ppl think like i can understand hokkien...

he meant your brake lights not working?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmmm maybe hor, i go check... ;p how come those ppl behind me yesterday din tell me...

maybe too angry to tell you liao :sweat:

JediForce4ever said:
on the headlights then run to the back and check...coz when headlights are on....brake lights will turn on too...

brake lights will turn on only when you step on the brake, that's why call brake lights.

take a brick & put on the brake pedal, den run to the back & see lor...

maybe can someone tell me how you check your reverse lights is working? without any help.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
take a brick & put on the brake pedal, den run to the back & see lor...

maybe can someone tell me how you check your reverse lights is working? without any help.

ehhh ... let me see ... attach a white board to the rear of the car so that the brake lights can shine on it? drive a very short distance and brake, as you brake see if got sudden bright red reflection off the white board :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.