how to save history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
when i save file as PSD, i notice the history are gone.only layers presemt.is there a way to save the histories together with the PSD?if so, how?:dunno:
TIA:lovegrin:

Yoo hooo oh Clown... where are you?

Hope it help. :) YMMV:cool:

To set the History Log preferences
By default, history log data about each session is saved as metadata embedded in the image file. You can specify where the history log data is saved and the level of detail contained in the history log.

Choose Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > General (Mac OS).

Specify where to save the history log data:
Metadata Saves the history log as metadata embedded in the file.
Text File Saves the history log to a text file. Select Text File. In the Save dialog box, browse to the destination, give the text file a name, and click Save.
Both Saves the history log as metadata and in a text file. Select Both. In the Save dialog box, browse to the destination, give the text file a name and click the Save button.
Choose from the Edit Log Items menu to specify the level of detail in the history log:
Sessions Only Records the start time and date of every editing session. Does not include any information about edits made to the file.
Concise Records every editing session on the file (both start and end times), and also includes edits recorded in the History palette.
Detailed Records the same information as the Concise option, plus such information as the path of the file and an account of every edit made to the file (including detailed edits not recorded in the History palette, such as preference changes).

longkangman,
thanks very much:heart:

what's ymmv?

and if i save the history in a specific folder,means that when i save a edited pic in PSD file, will the history file be 'incorporated' with the PSD file?or must i specifically save the history file out?

thanks again for your enlightenment:thumbsup: :lovegrin:

Thks longkangman,
Pretty cool function I've ignored all along although I doubt I'll have much use for it.

Selecting 'Detailed' log items really logs everything you do!
screengrab

Status
Not open for further replies.