How to salvage grainy photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayonsc

Aug 3, 2006
Hi everyone,

I am a photography newbie and new to ClubSnap too. Hello to all!!

Got a question to ask. Is there any way to salvage grainy pictures? I was advised to set to ISO500 for my sister's ROM and many of the photos turned out to be very grainy (taken at an indoor hotel lobby setting where the place was actually relatively bright). :cry: I was also using a flash at that time.

Hope to get some advice from all the seniors here. Thank you! :)

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
I think someone has given you bad advise. If you are using flash then why use ISO 500? Also what camera you are using?

crayonsc

Aug 3, 2006
hehe...i was fiddling with the settings and it was the photographer my sis hired who helped me to set...when i was setting it myself, the photos are very underexposed, especially the background...so thinking he's the professional, therefore heeded his advice...too late for regrets now...so was thinking if there's any way which i can 'save' the photos...:eek:

i am using D70s with a SB800 flash...where can i get the noise reduction software?...can it be downloaded or do i need to buy from somewhere?

thanks!

Hoky

Mar 17, 2004
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
hehe...i was fiddling with the settings and it was the photographer my sis hired who helped me to set...when i was setting it myself, the photos are very underexposed, especially the background...so thinking he's the professional, therefore heeded his advice...too late for regrets now...so was thinking if there's any way which i can 'save' the photos...:eek:

i am using D70s with a SB800 flash...where can i get the noise reduction software?...can it be downloaded or do i need to buy from somewhere?

thanks!
Sounds like Sabo to me...

bokeh1.8

Jul 6, 2006
Thanks! Tried to find this kind of software.. shall come back to report if its good anot.. hee hee :bsmilie:

crayonsc

Aug 3, 2006
how come D70s at ISO500 produces so grainy images? thats quite unusual isnt it? :think:
haha...dun think it's the camera....to a certain extent, it's my inexperience in setting the exposure i think...:bsmilie:

I just love ClubSnap...So good to see so many helpful friends around in this community!! Thanks for all the recommendations!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom