How to retrieve hol pics from SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happitreesmiles

Jun 3, 2006
SG
hi, i hv my hol pics in a 2GB Kingston card. it says memory full when i try to take pic, but when i switch to the view image mode on my S3IS, it says no images! my heart break liao!!! all my hol pics!!! can anyone plse plse plse tell me how i can retrieve them? i bought the card fr Alan Photo. will they be able to help me retrieve them or where shld i go? copmputer shop? can recommend? help!!!

thks! wh one do i download? http or ftp? will the shop help me?

Have you tried plugging your SD card into a SD Card Reader. The files may still be there, just that for some odd reason, your Canon S3 IS does not display them.

Whatever it is, don't PANIC.

DO NOT attempt to take any pictures with that card.

DO NOT in any way, format the SD card.

Your pictures should still be safe in the card, don't worry.

I M PANICKING! all my hol pics! cam shop referred me to go to convergence systems shop, next to sim lim sq...

ERm... did u do a format before you use the card for the first time?

coz it seems like my earlier mentioned symptoms. However, I always do a format when I insert it into my cam. Try using a card reader first. It might help. Else you might need a file recovery software.

hi, i hv my hol pics in a 2GB Kingston card. it says memory full when i try to take pic, but when i switch to the view image mode on my S3IS, it says no images! my heart break liao!!! all my hol pics!!! can anyone plse plse plse tell me how i can retrieve them? i bought the card fr Alan Photo. will they be able to help me retrieve them or where shld i go? copmputer shop? can recommend? help!!!

I encountered similar problem when i was having my backpacking trip in Taiwan. The images just refused to appear in camera's LCD or in computer. I've downloaded a recovery software recommened by 1 of the CSer and bought a card reader.

After installing the programme and load thru the reader, I managed to retrive all the images from the SD card.

My Lexar 2G CF card crashed recently but I was able to retrieve all my images using this software: http://www.cardrecovery.com/
Price is S$62.27 payable by credit card.

Go to Convergence and ask them to help you retrieve the pics. They will make you sign a form to absolve them of any responsibilities if anything should go wrong. I signed such a form ,and they did managed to retrieve my pics.

Moral of story: Be careful with Kingston cards

Kudos to Convergence though, their service were excellent.

Steady! steady. Use PCinspector to retrieve ur images(A CS bro already told u liao). 1st, check whether ur card is really full or not, using a card reader. If it's full, then u're quite safe liao.

Go download pcinspector, Smart recovery 4.5, HTTP download. I think it's a freeware.
http://www.pcinspector.de/download.asp?language=1#file_recovery

I've use it and recovered 900+ photos on my Microdrives. Another CS folks also successfully recovered his formatted pics on a 1GB Kingston SD card.

Try it, it's a free and amazing software. :thumbsup:

pc inspector takes a long time to run. it's only 44% done. ;arge amt of sector files and sectpr count, but found files = 0 and read errors = 0 ...

convergent couldn't detect my SD card as hard drive, but i can at home. i didn't bring my card reader w me... their card readers couldn't detect it...

How is the progress?

I am testing the pc inspector now its really slow .:bigeyes:

You can also try image rescue 2 from lexar

pm me if you need it.

pc inspector takes a long time to run. it's only 44% done. ;arge amt of sector files and sectpr count, but found files = 0 and read errors = 0 ...

convergent couldn't detect my SD card as hard drive, but i can at home. i didn't bring my card reader w me... their card readers couldn't detect it...

Hmmm..... the found files shld hv some number by the time you start. And yes it's slow but it helps me to recover all my images.

I guess all the images are jpg files is it? Did you set to the jpg mode?

Does ur card reader memory reads full in ur card reader on ur computer?

I went to download.com to dl the softwares. I cant remember whats the exact name.

xxxx recovery file. Keep us updated if it works

image rescue can't... says error when i clivk on image recovery

pcinspector like can't detect files....

cardrecovery can't seem to work...

i'm gonna try getbackdata...

can u guys advise me on other software? or how else i can recover the pics? :bheart: wat a bt professional data recovery? u know gd co? any idea how much it will cost me?

Status
Not open for further replies.