How to retrieve files from a CF Card that has been reformatted and used few times

Divineman

Aug 9, 2006
Hi,

Am in a predicament,:( i have overlooked the transfer of data from my CF card to my computer.I have since then reused the CF card many times over.I would like to retrieve the images that i have taken on a particular date.Would that be possible? Am using mac.Any suggestion of softwares.Thank you in advance ppl!

very doubtful. The only way to recover it is if the particular data sectors were not re-used yet. If you have used and re-used the CF... I doubt you can find any intact "old" data anymore.

u just use the rescue pro if u have it
sometimes u still can recover really old images

As Rashkae mentioned: if the sectors of the media are still intact then chances are good for image recovery. But: a single image is stretched over lots of sectors (example: 15 MByte of image file and sectors of 4kByte .. do the Maths how many sectors would be involved) - if only a single sector has been reused for the writing of a new file the old file gone, period. Regardless whether Mac or Win, regardless which software you use.