How to respect models more during a photoshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
from some intentional body contacts other than hand touching hand? Should we respect the models more? some models seem to be so helpless and awkward sometimes but couldn't hav the courage to reject...i really pity them. :(

Normally there is no need to touch the model other than the initial shaking hands.
The Models are normally professional enough to know the requirements to pose or to follow the instructions of either the director or the photographer.

In some cases, Models instructors are hired to help with the poses.

Of course things can go extreme when the Model and the Photographer cannot communicate at the same wave length.

In any case, it's always better to have another female on the set just in case of allegations.

:think:

how to respect?
the same way you show respect to a lady friend.

ask before you adjust her.ask her how comfortable she is if you need to adjust her hair, clothes and such.
the worse thing you could do is to adjust any part of her without asking her.

how to respect?
the same way you show respect to a lady friend.

ask before you adjust her.ask her how comfortable she is if you need to adjust her hair, clothes and such.
the worse thing you could do is to adjust any part of her without asking her.

Haha Adjust the placement of her eyes... her nose shd be on top of the head... A real Picaso. :think:

well... for initial cases, what I would suggest is to show her personally on what you're trying to achieve. Esp. for new models or TFCD cases... Give her an example by posing yourself and hopefully she'll get your idea. As for adjusting clothes or hair, etc... I'd rather get a female MUA to do that.

Or unless she's comfortable about it. Must check first. ;)

well... for initial cases, what I would suggest is to show her personally on what you're trying to achieve. Esp. for new models or TFCD cases... Give her an example by posing yourself and hopefully she'll get your idea. As for adjusting clothes or hair, etc... I'd rather get a female MUA to do that.

Or unless she's comfortable about it. Must check first. ;)
My ex boss made me do it for him . Lucky most of them r professionals so no issue there.:bsmilie:

My ex boss made me do it for him . Lucky most of them r professionals so no issue there.:bsmilie:

Our asian models/Photogs are usually more conservertive in these bodily contact issues.
Our western counterparts are usually more open and professional in these cases. Models openly change infront of the photogs. Of cos the photogs must also show professionalism by not touching just for the thrill of it.

from some intentional body contacts other than hand touching hand? Should we respect the models more? some models seem to be so helpless and awkward sometimes but couldn't hav the courage to reject...i really pity them. :(
My personal rule of thumb: Don't ever tell models to do poses which u are unable to physically demo it to them...

In short, don't expect others to do the things that you can't do it urself.

My personal rule of thumb: Don't ever tell models to do poses which u are unable to physically demo it to them...

well, it depends on what kind of shoot.

eg, for my dance shots, i definitely cant do the jump-in-air-and-do-a-split pose.
but my models can.:bsmilie:

May I know what did u do that led to asking this question?

i think for new model exmple for them to see lor, no need to touch

i think for new model exmple for them to see lor, no need to touch

Next time you can be model also... :bsmilie:

a photographer can shoot a model without touching her, but molesting her with his eyes and mind, does this sound any better if he claim that will never touch the models during a shoot????

a photographer can shoot a model without touching her, but molesting her with his eyes and mind, does this sound any better if he claim that will never touch the models during a shoot????

Theoritically it is not "good" (which is vague itself), but all of us have differentiating views of others (whether male or females). So as long the other parties is not aware what you are thinking , i guess that means lesser harm done (in action).

Otherwise it may be concluded as sexual harrasement if proven ?

It is necessary to guide new models because they are pretty stiff. The best thing is to demonstrate the poses yourself. If a certain pose is nice but difficult/tiring to pose, you can either give and take or you can repeat the pose between other poses. Models will generally try their best to do a certain pose since it is their job. However, when you see that their arms and legs start to tremble, that means that the pose does not have a very good center of gravity. That's the time you should modify. As a photographer, you always have to struggle between two things: strictly requiring her to do the poses you instructed, or flexibly accommodating her capability.

Touching is sometimes necessary, like adjusting her face, head, or shoulders. The placement of arms and legs can often be done via instruction. Respecting ladies is basic virtue, so we should avoid touching the models as far as possible.

Talk to them. Guide them thru the steps. Pose for them when they are still clueless.

Communicate with your model is the most important factor.

You will know if the model is not comfortable with what you are doing to her/him.

If you can't tell, then open your mouth and ask them.

You will never know when the model will turn behind their back and get your A** sued.

So beside, touching or moving the model ask a lady to accompany you if the model is a female.

If it's DCA (Del_ControlAlt), then no need to bring anyone. He is too innocent......plus I think only girls wants to touch him which he does not mind at all.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.