Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislim

Feb 10, 2003
Bishan
www.tripletsproductions.com
lets say i got a photo 1024 X 768

and i wanna resize it to 1024 X 600

but when i use image resize it seems like it will make my photos seems out of shape (the image)

what to do so that only the top / bottm 168 pixels can just be subtracted ???

dennislim said:

but when i use image resize it seems like it will make my photos seems out of shape (the image)

go to image --> canvas size

from there i think u'll be able to figure out.. cannot come back here post again. ;)

just found at the NLB a tonne of photoshop books and manuals, from version 5 to 7. those wanting to be PS expert and go there and grab. *muscle warning* the majority of them are BIG and HEAVY! :bigeyes:

dennislim said:

Alternatively, you can select Cropping tool, fill in 1024 and 600 in the width, height fields. After that, regardless of how you crop, you'll always get that size with the correct ratio.

Hope this helps.

:)

togu said:
Alternatively, you can select Cropping tool, fill in 1024 and 600 in the width, height fields. After that, regardless of how you crop, you'll always get that size with the correct ratio.

Hope this helps.

oh yah.. ahha that's probably a better way.. :thumbsup:

togu said:

Hope this helps.

Just wanna to know whether this method will degrade the quality of the photo...
Let's say I have a 1024x768 pic, I wanna to crop about 3/4 of the pic to 1024x768 also... Will this decrease the no. of pixels/in(degrade the quality of the photo)?? :dunno:

Octopuz said:
Just wanna to know whether this method will degrade the quality of the photo...
Let's say I have a 1024x768 pic, I wanna to crop about 3/4 of the pic to 1024x768 also... Will this decrease the no. of pixels/in(degrade the quality of the photo)?? :dunno:
yes it will.. u're essentially enlarging the photo then chopping it off back to size.

jOhO said:
go to image --> canvas size

from there i think u'll be able to figure out.. cannot come back here post again. ;)

will changing the Canvas size distort the image?

Mapman said:
will changing the Canvas size distort the image?

If you specify a smaller canvas size, PS will crop the image to whatever size you specify. Whereas if you specify a bigger canvas size, PS will add on some space using your current active background colour to the image. Don't think there will be any distortion, since no resampling involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.