How to resize my pics so they dont lose too much details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi...I am trying to post some of my pics taken with my D50 and each are in the size of 1MB and above. The Clubsnap gallery only allows 100K per pic.

I am trying to post the original pic up so I can get some reviews and maybe get a few experts to guide me on photoshoping the pic....any other way I can upload it without resizing it till les than 100K. I find that when I resize till less than 100K a lot of details are lost.

boroangel said:
Hi...I am trying to post some of my pics taken with my D50 and each are in the size of 1MB and above. The Clubsnap gallery only allows 100K per pic.

I am trying to post the original pic up so I can get some reviews and maybe get a few experts to guide me on photoshoping the pic....any other way I can upload it without resizing it till les than 100K. I find that when I resize till less than 100K a lot of details are lost.

Ok, use PS, go to image size, change to percent (constrain proportions) and type in 40%

Then save as quality 5

Should be fine still and files should be way under 100k and still reasonable quality (ish)

wildstallion said:
Ok, use PS, go to image size, change to percent (constrain proportions) and type in 40%

Then save as quality 5

Should be fine still and files should be way under 100k and still reasonable quality (ish)
i always try to use at least 8,otherwise my eye can see the poor quality.

wildstallion said:

Then save as quality 5

Like this?

DSC_00422.JPG

Seems very soft leh

DSC_0347.JPG

I am looking at this and comparing it with my original and all thje sharpness is gone...is there anyway to link it to my original pic so others can see it with it original exif and maybe photoshop it?

boroangel said:
http://www.pbase.com/image/64010887
DSC_0347.JPG

I am looking at this and comparing it with my original and all thje sharpness is gone...is there anyway to link it to my original pic so others can see it with it original exif and maybe photoshop it?

ya... get your own webspace & gallery... u can upload any size u wan even...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya... get your own webspace & gallery... u can upload any size u wan even...

Erm...if I am using pbase...how do I do the linking so the pic can appear here rather than a link? I tried to link it but it seems like everytime the link name appears rather than the photo?

boroangel said:
Erm...if I am using pbase...how do I do the linking so the pic can appear here rather than a link? I tried to link it but it seems like everytime the link name appears rather than the photo?

On pbase, you have to enable linking from your options menu, not applicable for trial accounts.

Then you simply copy paste image location e.g www.pbase.com/user/gallery/56782 (then u add).jpg and your done

should look something like http://www.pbase.com/user/gallery/56782.jpg

yeah,you need to pay and add a .jpg behind the link.;)

resizing for clubsnap:
trick i like to use in photoshop is reduce image size to 20% then click "save for web" under file. There, select one of the quardants & set resolution under "jpeg" to "very high". good thing is u can see the image size in the quardant itself. When jpeg size is under 100k, click save. i find that the sharpness is good.

hi, boroangel

for editing,
1. try shooting in raw as long as memory allows
2. edit without saving as jpeg, save as photoshop files
3. only final picture to save as jpeg
4. if need to edit your final picture, go back and edit the last photoshop file just before the final jpeg

for final production,
1. save as jpeg max quality 12 but downsize to less than 700 pixels wide, for D50, that is about 18-23% depending on the border you add to 3008x2000px

try posting in picsplace, my favorite. they dun alter the size you post but they dun show a list of pics you post, so it is not exactly an online album.

Status
Not open for further replies.