How to resize multiple images at one go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funtasy

Sep 19, 2002
Visit site
Is there a way to resize multiple images at one go instead of one by one which is very tedious and time consuming. Is there any software that can be used? Thanks

If you are using Photoshop element:

File > Batch Processing

Then it will prompt you on the file source

For example, you can choose to batch all ino 600 X 400 (you do not need to click on 400 if you choose Constrain Proportion).

batch_process.jpg

Only thing you have to take care is whether the batch you produce is in landscape or portrait.

Hope this will solve your problem.

i would recommend breezebrowser, ACDsee or photoworker for batch resize.
PS batch is somewhat much more inconvenient.

sorry to hijack this thread.
but is there a software that can do batch renaming of pics/files?
ie. if i want all my files to be like basketball001, basketball002 etc?
is there any program that can auto rename?
thanks

wainism said:
thanks
ACDsee....

Wow! Thanks!. Downloaded IrfanView and using it. Superfast batch conversion. :thumbsup:

wainism said:
thanks
IfranView also. Batch resizing, batch renaming, batch-almost-anything. Free. How much better can it get? :)

Regards
CK

wainism said:
thanks

Actually very simply。 You just need to save it in a folder and right click to rename it。 You can also do a batch rename in PS using the file broswer。

funtasy said:
Is there a way to resize multiple images at one go instead of one by one which is very tedious and time consuming. Is there any software that can be used? Thanks

The simplest way of batch resizing that I have come across is using Image Resizer in Windows XP.

Just select the images in the folder that you want to resize and choose Resize Pictures in the right-click menu.

This free feature is not installed in Windows XP by default. You can download it from http://www.diworkflow.com/resources.htm

DIWorkflow said:
The simplest way of batch resizing that I have come across is using Image Resizer in Windows XP.

Just select the images in the folder that you want to resize and choose Resize Pictures in the right-click menu.

This free feature is not installed in Windows XP by default. You can download it from http://www.diworkflow.com/resources.htm

Does it allow for saving into a separate folder as I would still want want to retain the master copy in it's original size?

wainism said:
thanks

Again, the simplest way to batch rename the files can be done within Windows XP.

Just multi select (press and hold down Ctrl key while click on the files) those files in the folder, right-click the first image file and choose Rename from the right-click menu.

Rename the first image file, for e.g. Wow, then the rest of the selected image files will be renamed to Wow (1), Wow (2), Wow (3) ....... and so on.

OR

Rename the first image file, for e.g. Wow (1), then the rest of the selected image files will be renamed to Wow (2), Wow (3), Wow (4) ....... and so on.

funtasy said:
Does it allow for saving into a separate folder as I would still want want to retain the master copy in it's original size?

By default, it will not overwrtie the originals. New copies will be created in the same folder. For example, resize the file Wow to small (640 x 480), a new resize copy will be created in the same folder and the file name is Wow (small).

DIWorkflow said:
By default, it will not overwrtie the originals. New copies will be created in the same folder. For example, resize the file Wow to small (640 x 480), a new resize copy will be created in the same folder and the file name is Wow (small).
Thank you!

can consider this prgrm also. photo gadget! once install u dun even hv to launch the pgrm, simply go the ur pictures folder, select the pics ur wanna resize, right click & resize it!!

shot01.gif

btw, photo gadget is free as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.