How to resize multiple images at one go?


Status
Not open for further replies.

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#1
Is there a way to resize multiple images at one go instead of one by one which is very tedious and time consuming. Is there any software that can be used? Thanks
 

Jun 8, 2004
140
0
0
#2
If you are using Photoshop element:

File > Batch Processing

Then it will prompt you on the file source

For example, you can choose to batch all ino 600 X 400 (you do not need to click on 400 if you choose Constrain Proportion).



Only thing you have to take care is whether the batch you produce is in landscape or portrait.

Hope this will solve your problem.
 

Clown

Moderator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
3,780
1
38
Singapore
#3
i would recommend breezebrowser, ACDsee or photoworker for batch resize.
PS batch is somewhat much more inconvenient.
 

wainism

Senior Member
Apr 15, 2004
1,830
0
0
Beeshan
#6
sorry to hijack this thread.
but is there a software that can do batch renaming of pics/files?
ie. if i want all my files to be like basketball001, basketball002 etc?
is there any program that can auto rename?
thanks
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#7
wainism said:
sorry to hijack this thread.
but is there a software that can do batch renaming of pics/files?
ie. if i want all my files to be like basketball001, basketball002 etc?
is there any program that can auto rename?
thanks
ACDsee....
 

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#8
Wow! Thanks!. Downloaded IrfanView and using it. Superfast batch conversion. :thumbsup:
 

#9
wainism said:
sorry to hijack this thread.
but is there a software that can do batch renaming of pics/files?
ie. if i want all my files to be like basketball001, basketball002 etc?
is there any program that can auto rename?
thanks
IfranView also. Batch resizing, batch renaming, batch-almost-anything. Free. How much better can it get? :)

Regards
CK
 

nemesis32

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2003
3,717
1
0
43
Singapore
Visit site
#10
wainism said:
sorry to hijack this thread.
but is there a software that can do batch renaming of pics/files?
ie. if i want all my files to be like basketball001, basketball002 etc?
is there any program that can auto rename?
thanks
Actually very simply。 You just need to save it in a folder and right click to rename it。 You can also do a batch rename in PS using the file broswer。
 

Dec 26, 2004
24
0
0
#11
funtasy said:
Is there a way to resize multiple images at one go instead of one by one which is very tedious and time consuming. Is there any software that can be used? Thanks
The simplest way of batch resizing that I have come across is using Image Resizer in Windows XP.

Just select the images in the folder that you want to resize and choose Resize Pictures in the right-click menu.

This free feature is not installed in Windows XP by default. You can download it from http://www.diworkflow.com/resources.htm
 

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#12
DIWorkflow said:
The simplest way of batch resizing that I have come across is using Image Resizer in Windows XP.

Just select the images in the folder that you want to resize and choose Resize Pictures in the right-click menu.

This free feature is not installed in Windows XP by default. You can download it from http://www.diworkflow.com/resources.htm
Does it allow for saving into a separate folder as I would still want want to retain the master copy in it's original size?
 

Dec 26, 2004
24
0
0
#13
wainism said:
sorry to hijack this thread.
but is there a software that can do batch renaming of pics/files?
ie. if i want all my files to be like basketball001, basketball002 etc?
is there any program that can auto rename?
thanks
Again, the simplest way to batch rename the files can be done within Windows XP.

Just multi select (press and hold down Ctrl key while click on the files) those files in the folder, right-click the first image file and choose Rename from the right-click menu.

Rename the first image file, for e.g. Wow, then the rest of the selected image files will be renamed to Wow (1), Wow (2), Wow (3) ....... and so on.

OR

Rename the first image file, for e.g. Wow (1), then the rest of the selected image files will be renamed to Wow (2), Wow (3), Wow (4) ....... and so on.
 

Dec 26, 2004
24
0
0
#14
funtasy said:
Does it allow for saving into a separate folder as I would still want want to retain the master copy in it's original size?
By default, it will not overwrtie the originals. New copies will be created in the same folder. For example, resize the file Wow to small (640 x 480), a new resize copy will be created in the same folder and the file name is Wow (small).
 

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#15
DIWorkflow said:
By default, it will not overwrtie the originals. New copies will be created in the same folder. For example, resize the file Wow to small (640 x 480), a new resize copy will be created in the same folder and the file name is Wow (small).
Thank you!
 

sunsetbay

New Member
Jan 13, 2005
27
0
0
wapsilon.com
#16
can consider this prgrm also. photo gadget! once install u dun even hv to launch the pgrm, simply go the ur pictures folder, select the pics ur wanna resize, right click & resize it!!



btw, photo gadget is free as well.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom