How to resize for Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, the maximum dimension of photos allowed in Facebook is 604 by 604 pixels. So I usually resize the photos with the widest side at 600pixels and sharpen in PS before uploading. Photos should still look sharp. Anything larger than 604 pixels and you risk Facebook compress the photo for you.

If I'm not mistaken, the maximum dimension of photos allowed in Facebook is 604 by 604 pixels. So I usually resize the photos with the widest side at 600pixels and sharpen in PS before uploading. Photos should still look sharp. Anything larger than 604 pixels and you risk Facebook compress the photo for you.

Ah, thanks for the info!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions.

I tried a few permutations. I resized the photo to 604px on the long side. It's slightly better than uploading photos in their original resolution and let Facebook do the compression. Not what I was hopping for but I've come to terms with it. Will upload my better works onto Flickr instead.

I think you are on the right path. try finding out the right pix size that facebook uses, then you should resize, even crop according to that size so as to prevent auto resizing by facebook. the main issue is auto resizing at non-optimal ratios (e.g. i noticed that resizing at 25%, 50% or 75% looks better than 16.7%, 33.3% or 67.7%).

Status
Not open for further replies.