How to remove yellow tint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
When I'm shooting indoor events, there's always a yellow cast caused by the incandescent lamp.

Hence, how do I get rid of it?

1. Will setting WB to Incandescent help to eliminate totally?
2. Do I need to use a flash gel? Blue colour one?

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
shooting raw will be the best way because sometimes even using tungsten wb on the camera cannot get rid of the yellow tint. if u want to use gels, u shld gel your flash yellow, not blue.

When I'm shooting indoor events, there's always a yellow cast caused by the incandescent lamp.

Hence, how do I get rid of it?

1. Will setting WB to Incandescent help to eliminate totally?
2. Do I need to use a flash gel? Blue colour one?
I also got such problem when I first shoot an event.
Then I tried another event in RAW, it helps a lot. But while shooting RAW, double up your memory card. ;)

nysheng

Sep 11, 2006
shoot raw. u can do whatever u want to the wb after that.

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
u need flash gel. not blue, but yellow. CTO to be exact.

put a CTO on your flash and set your wb to tungstern. that should do it. if not use CTO and CTO1/2 and use custom wb (using an expodisc or something if you can set manual color temp)

OR just overpower the ambient completely. Go to Tv mode, set your SS to 1/200, set to -2EV on camera and +1 or 2 EV on flash

rgy1993

Deregistered
Mar 28, 2007
Singapore
i find for awkward lighting the best thing to do is just shoot raw and then adjust the colour temperature back at the computer later on...

madmartian

May 2, 2009
Outer Space
Try using a white piece of paper or anyone wearing a pure white shirt. Go near & do a manual white balance in the room you are shooting & save it for that ambience you are shooting. Just reset & re-do for say, next door is fluorescent lighting. ;)

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Existing/effect lighting at most venues are a major headache.

Even if you set a custom WB, sometimes different intensity/angles and you get different colors or one scene can feature wildly differing WB.

RAW is your best friend, and after that, just have to start fine-tuning colors manually in post.

If ambiance is not crucial, do what was suggested earlier and make sure that flash becomes the pre-dominant lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom