How to remove raindrops on lens blur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerashy

Sep 27, 2004
I took some shots just before some light rain and later noticed that my pictures has a few circular blur spots as a result of raindrops on the lens.

Anyone know how to sharpen these few spots using PS?

if the spots are on parts of pic where there are not much details (eg. wide smooth surface, sky, wall, etc), i personally would use patch tool... its a faster method =)

if its on top of many intricate details, then clone tool is the way. but like what shahlan says, the process can be very tedious.

Depends on how much droplets there are... lol. I would clone+use the healing tool.

Hmmm, tough. Its on a landscape shot over a part of the photo that has a lot of detail. I wonder is there an automated plug-in (e.g. like the "red-eye remover") that we can click to resolve the blurry part.

Post a photo so we can help out.. It's always better to DIY, and I don't think any software is smart enough to know what are water droplets and what isn't..

show the picture.

if it is as muakuto says, the problem is over parts without much details (oof), etc.. maybe it will be worth the effort.

if not, then you should put your time and energy into reshooting, rather than sitting in front of the computer for 5 hours trying to produce something out of mistake made.

patch tool, then smoothen with healing brush

Status
Not open for further replies.