how to remove multiple shadows?

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
need advice!! thx in advance.

dsc0224b.jpg

First correct the yellow cast. For the shadows, you can duplicate the image and use the clone
stamp set to lighten mode. Soft edge, 100% opacity. Sample from the light area and clone
onto the shadow areas.

This will take out all shadows, including the ones you need that show the contours of collarbones,
shoulders, etc. So after you remove the undesirable shadows, you'll have to restore the useful
ones. Dodging and burning can do that. (Instead of the dodge/burn tools, I use curves adjustment
layers in luminosity mode.)

shadows.jpg

very clear explanation. how to remove the clothes?

i thought peano did a really good job there :thumbsup:

Great work peano! :thumbsup: the bit of maintaining the details / shade of collar bone on the left was good. I would not have the patience for that.

ryan

First correct the yellow cast. For the shadows, you can duplicate the image and use the clone
stamp set to lighten mode. Soft edge, 100% opacity. Sample from the light area and clone
onto the shadow areas.

This will take out all shadows, including the ones you need that show the contours of collarbones,
shoulders, etc. So after you remove the undesirable shadows, you'll have to restore the useful
ones. Dodging and burning can do that. (Instead of the dodge/burn tools, I use curves adjustment
layers in luminosity mode.)

How about a step by step video and publish in youtube? Or a document? Sorry, I am a newbie in Photoshop and would love to learn. If it isn't possible, I can understand.

peano i hope you didn't misunderstand me like sprintist. i thought you did a really good job out of it and explained it clearly too.

I haven't time to take on that project right now. Sorry.

No worries, I will just google and see how each step is applied. Thanks again.

remove_shadow.jpg

select and place on different layers. Use the clone tool and a mask to bring back the collar bones. adjust opacity. retain some shadow to look realistic.