how to remove Markins quick shoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

egnaro

Dec 19, 2007
Boon Lay, Singapore
As title, anyone have any idea how to remove?

Thanks in advance.

i did the search for this when i was researching for my "final" ballhead purchase... i wanted a Markins ballhead but not the clamp... here's my results of week long researching...

if you want to change Quick Release (Quick Shoe in Markins term) to others manufacturers' produced quick release... you have to get M10 NQS / M20 NQS (stands for No Quick Shoe)... you can bolt on the new quick release to the ballhead stem without much trouble if you bought the correct clamp...

if you're talking about removing Quick Shoe off Q3 / Q3T it's a bit tough... Most ballhead are loctite'd when installing clamps, including all Markins... I saw US forums discussed about this and their best resolution is include one line in your order specifically mention "no loctite when installing clamp"... this would lessen your chores when removing the clamp... (checked with local retailers and they don't seems to be able to include this terms on special order... also, M10/M20 NQS would be on special order as well because they don't keep stock for these)

hope this helps...

As title, anyone have any idea how to remove?

Thanks in advance.

you will need to use a rubber head hammer so hit the glue out of its hold from the screw then it will come out.

Fixing a quick release head on it ?

most likely people buying Markins ball head but want RRS QR plate which is one of the best.

B2LR2-sm.gif

most likely people buying Markins ball head but want RRS QR plate which is one of the best.

B2LR2-sm.gif

then just buy another lens plate and joint the 2 plates together. No hammering required...

B2LR2-sm.gif
Sorry - correction. Should be RRS QR clamp (not plate). RRS has one of the best QR clamp (see photo)

I inquired Markins about removal of clamp and this is their reply:

"The clamp is fastened by a high strength Loctite for performance and security. It can be unscrewed by high impact. You can follow the instruction below.

1. Remove the head from tripod and hand-hold it.
2. Tighten the tension to maximum.
3. Using a plastic hammer (to prevent cosmetic damage to the clamp) hit the clamp knob such a way that the clamp turns counter-clockwise against the head.
4. Continue it until the clamp is separated.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Team
Markins - Home Of The Ultimate Professional Q-Balls"

Thks guys... I shall try after I got my quick release clamp

I inquired Markins about removal of clamp and this is their reply:

"The clamp is fastened by a high strength Loctite for performance and security. It can be unscrewed by high impact. You can follow the instruction below.

1. Remove the head from tripod and hand-hold it.
2. Tighten the tension to maximum.
3. Using a plastic hammer (to prevent cosmetic damage to the clamp) hit the clamp knob such a way that the clamp turns counter-clockwise against the head.
4. Continue it until the clamp is separated.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Team
Markins - Home Of The Ultimate Professional Q-Balls"

if you lazy just clamp like this

3323164482_e214e28ba4.jpg

3323165942_0d3f4bc166.jpg

3323166802_8dfcd20fc8.jpg

3323165098_99f9a06efc.jpg

Thks neoro, so far how is the RRS clamp? Much better then markins?

Thks neoro, so far how is the RRS clamp? Much better then markins?

From 5Dmk2 to D3 to Hasselblad all clamped , when I itchy backside, use the normal markins clamp hahahhaha

No issue at all

can i check to use the RRS QR clamp, wat plates to get for canon 40D? or izit a universal plates dat fix most camera?

can i check to use the RRS QR clamp, wat plates to get for canon 40D? or izit a universal plates dat fix most camera?

Get a Arca Swiss compatible plate would do, cheaper ones Benro, Kanrompoochee (sp?), better ones (so call) Arca Swiss, RRS, Markins

If you're using the L plate, only the one from RRS themselves works best on the Quick Release Clamp, if you have bought a different L plate other rhan RRS, you may try, but it may not be that compatible from my previous research..

Hope that helps :)

:bsmilie:

Get a Arca Swiss compatible plate would do, cheaper ones Benro, Kanrompoochee (sp?), better ones (so call) Arca Swiss, RRS, Markins

If you're using the L plate, only the one from RRS themselves works best on the Quick Release Clamp, if you have bought a different L plate other rhan RRS, you may try, but it may not be that compatible from my previous research..

Hope that helps :)

:bsmilie:

That will be Kangrinpoche :)

As neoro said, any Arca-Swiss compatible will be fine. But if you wanna use an L-bracket, only RRS one will be secure enough when fitted onto their QR clamp.

tks for the advise guys... ;)

Guys, I really appreciate all your input and sharing.

I think I will still consider removing current QR and replace a RRS over it.

1st thing 1st, get RRS QR...
:think:
Thanks...

Guys, I really appreciate all your input and sharing.

I think I will still consider removing current QR and replace a RRS over it.

1st thing 1st, get RRS QR...
:think:
Thanks...

If you have no need for the Markins clamp, you can mail it to RRS to get $20-30 (can't remember exact amount) discount off the price of RRS QR clamp.

If you have no need for the Markins clamp, you can mail it to RRS to get $20-30 (can't remember exact amount) discount off the price of RRS QR clamp.

they do trade-in for other manufacturers' plates only... you'll get 22.5 discount off their plate after sending in your plate... clamp no trade in no discount...

But mailing to them, rebates = shipping?
Guess it's not meant for us

BUt first thing first must be able to remove the current clamps. that's what I thinking of doing too

Status
Not open for further replies.