How to remove circle of light in night shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagletay

Nov 20, 2006
SengKang, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi, I have some night shots. And found out some of shot with circle of light like this....

Why is this so? Is there way to prevent to it?:sweat:

DSC_0580_resize.JPG

I'm using D80 with KitLens (18-135mm)

what u mean circle of lights? i think they are overblown lights due to low shutter speed. i think u can PS them away.

btw, this is the wrong subforum to post this question.

Hi, did you use flash? I suppose that the circle was due to dust particle near the cam and was "flashed" at hence the circle...

Try taking flash shots in a dusty area and you'll find lots of circles or spots on your pictures.

Supernatural forums all over the web claims that these circles are actually ghost orbs... but an experience photographer will tell you that it is due to dust particles in the air.

what u mean circle of lights? i think they are overblown lights due to low shutter speed. i think u can PS them away.

btw, this is the wrong subforum to post this question.

Isst? Sorry:sweat: ....Moderators, can help to move this posting to the correct subforum. Thanks.

Yeah, I think you may be right... all night pictures that having this overblown lights, are taken with shutter speeds of > 2 secs.
Is there other way, beside PS them?....because I prefer pictures to be original (unless crop/resize)

hey, do u mean the GREEN circle in the left hand side? that is most likely lens flare.
Use the provided lens hood and try point your lens away from light sources close by.

Hi, did you use flash? I suppose that the circle was due to dust particle near the cam and was "flashed" at hence the circle...

Try taking flash shots in a dusty area and you'll find lots of circles or spots on your pictures.

Supernatural forums all over the web claims that these circles are actually ghost orbs... but an experience photographer will tell you that it is due to dust particles in the air.

No, I did not use any flash. But anyway Thanks for your advise, in case I will take shot in a dusty area, then I will know where "ghost" come from...;)

hey, do u mean the GREEN circle in the left hand side? that is most likely lens flare.
Use the provided lens hood and try point your lens away from light sources close by.

OK, I try using lens hood.... As I always though LenHoods are for daylight only:embrass:

could be some water droplets/dust on your front element or filter...

err...are you talking about the green circle??

btw...you have a filter attached?

Do you have a filter on the front of your lens ? If you do, then take it off as that is the most likely cause (also, use the lens hood at all times)

A good filter with multi-coat would have less tendency to flare and ghosting... if you're using a $10 uv filter, then I suggest you not use it at all.

But then again, it boils down to the photog. Understand how light sources can cause ghosting/flaring, and you will naturally choose a position and angle that would avoid it (if possible). Because ultimately, whatever lens, filter etc, shooting into the light would almost guarantee it happening.

lens hood can be use to prevent excess light for getting in as well.

cheers.

If you're talking about the green ball, it doesn't look like a droplet. More like lens flare from another light source near you. Agree with the suggestions of using the lens hood and see if you still get this problem. Also, get a better filter if you're just using cheap single coated/non-coated ones.

Well this is what I found out.

I took a shot on a flight of stair one time without rain and it was perfect. I took a shot on the same particular flight of stair another time with rain (it was really nice looking and the flood flow down the stair), and I found those circles in the picture. I concluded, it's water.

if lens hood still cant solve it...use ur hand too or news paper or something else to block the light. i do that too sometime;p

If you're talking about the green ball, it doesn't look like a droplet. More like lens flare from another light source near you. Agree with the suggestions of using the lens hood and see if you still get this problem. Also, get a better filter if you're just using cheap single coated/non-coated ones.
even with a best coated filter and best flare-resistance lens. a single water droplet on the filter could easily cause flare. :)

I'm using a Tokina UV filter....is this good enough???;p
Any 'cheap' filter to recommed?:dunno:
Try Hoya HMC. Ain't as good as Nikon NC & B+W, but price is hard to beat for that quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.