How to remove ballhead?

Leavemeuntitled

Oct 17, 2011
Hi all, i have a Manfrotto MK394-PQ, any idea if i can remove the ballhead as i am interested in getting a monopod.Thinking it be good if i can put the ballhead over to the monopod. TIA

From what I know this is something of a entry level tripod and the ballhead is integrated and non removal from the center column from what I found online. You are not the first to ask this in another part of the world..

Most ballheads if can be removed, you simply tighten the balhead's side bolt the way you do when mounting your camera to it. Without mounting any camera, you set the camera mount on it's side then you lock (tighten) the bolt until the ball head can not move, you turn the entire ballhead anti-clock wise. If you can't get it to even turn a little bit, it's a good sign this is a permanent setup. But I have to say not to use brute force as it might permanently break your tripod head from the body piece.

If you are technically challenged and not know how to go about it from my explanation, I would suggest waiting for a forummer who read this and owns one to tells you if it can be remove or you can call the photo store you bought the tripod or distributor for advice.

Last edited:
doesn‘t look like the head can be removed...

Thanks all for the help and guidance, this is my first experience with a tripod thus the question. :bsmilie: