How to remove all pics in the memory card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicitee

Feb 3, 2008
I'm intending to sell my 2 CF cards.

Any idea how i can make sure that all my pics are safely deleted?

I have reformatted the cards abt 10 times from my camera....

Is that enough?

Format it using your camera. Don't just "Delete All". There's a function within the Menu for formating your memory card. You are safe just even doing once. I guess you are good to go if you've done that.

Format it using your camera. Don't just "Delete All". There's a function within the Menu for formating your memory card. You are safe just even doing once. I guess you are good to go if you've done that.

formatting is not safe either. on a pc or in camera makes no diff. there's software to retrieve data back but it depends how paranoid one is.

Here's the proper way:

Download free application called 'Eraser' from here: http://www.heidi.ie/node/6

Set it to overwrite free space on memory card 35 times

Nothing can be recovered on it after that.

if you have the software come with a CF cards, there is a function in the software call "wipe card", it will wipe it clean till all data irretrievable.

I'm intending to sell my 2 CF cards.

Any idea how i can make sure that all my pics are safely deleted?

I have reformatted the cards abt 10 times from my camera....

Is that enough?

Wow!!! formatted 10 times !!!! Can't think of any but try to stick it behind the magnet of the 10" woofer speaker.

Last resource.... use a hammer .....Hehhhheeee

Format once, the pics can still be recovered. Format twice, almost unlikely, sans for the more powerful recovery software. Safest will be Format, take a few shots to overwrite the card, format again, you're done. For safety precaution, repeat it again or just use a wipeout software.

Fill the card with blank data to overwrite the card fully, then format.

No more data to recover.

Memory cards especially CF cards are just like hard disks.

All you have to do is get hold of a low level format program, not the Windows "Quick format".

Sometime format just clear the addressing table. Your content might still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.