How to reduce reflection from Eye Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkspin

Jan 11, 2006
Upper Thomson
Please give your advice on this.:embrass:
I get this very irritating reflection from eye glasses each time I take a photo with a flash. I can't change the angle of the flash as it is a built in flash. Will the use of a "polarising" filter be enough to eliminate this?
Thx.
Steven::thumbsup:

sharkspin said:
I get this very irritating reflection from eye glasses each time I take a photo with a flash. I can't change the angle of the flash as it is a built in flash. Will the use of a "polarising" filter be enough to eliminate this?
Thx.

take out the glass element....

Sorry, I don't get you (take out the glass element). If I was not clear the first time, I meant reflection from "spectacles". Will "polarizing" filter cut out this reflection?
Thx.

ya.. i meant take out that piece of glass from the spectacles, give the frame back to the model, and then shoot.

i dun think you can use a polarizer to remove this flare.

or maybe ask the model to buy a multi coated pair of glasses.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya.. i meant take out that piece of glass from the spectacles, give the frame back to the model, and then shoot.

I did this for my wedding photos. Worked well, and you'll never notice the missing glass in the photos. :thumbsup:

sharkspin said:
Thx.
No,
PL filter will no eliminate hotspots.

i noticed that if your spectacle lenses are multicoated chances are you will see less reflection than those without coating.

Thx All for the advice. These are mainly photos of friends and family taken at gatherings. Guess I've got to live with it. As you know, the percentage of S'porean wearing eye glasses is quite high.
Rgds & Thx again. :thumbsup:

May have to do a trial and error shot but I find asking them to tilt their head down a little helps for those whose specs happen to reflect. If in a group, try to get them to the side rather than straight at your cam. Finally bounce the flash without using any diffuser or bounce card.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.