Pictures turns out quite blurry.
Need to use a tripod?

Originally posted by Giantnookie
Sorry, me total newbie.
Just bought my first cam today.
Pictures turns out quite blurry.
Need to use a tripod?

1. Use flash
2. Mount it on a tripod, then set the self-timer on.
3. Try to use a faster shutter speed.:D
4. Practice, practice and practice with ur cam until u r more
familiar with the functions and the capabilities of ur cam ;)

Happy shooting!

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
What sort of camera do you have... compact digital? SLR? DSLR!?!

a40
first time into serious photography. ;)

Originally posted by roon2c

1. Use flash
2. Mount it on a tripod, then set the self-timer on.
3. Try to use a faster shutter speed.:D
4. Practice, practice and practice with ur cam until u r more
familiar with the functions and the capabilities of ur cam ;)

Happy shooting!

catch the flash with my camera?
im confused.
hehe
:confused:

catch the flash with my camera?
im confused.
hehe
:confused:

huh???
No ler... not catch the flash with ur camera....

when u shoot with flash on, the flash will freeze the "moment", so any handshake will not be noticeable.

(eg. lets say u taking a portrait of someone and if ur handshake so bad tht the frame only covers 1/2 of the portrait. If u press ur shutter at tht moment, it will only capture 1/2 of the portrait.) this is exaggeration but just to help u imagine what the heck i'm trying to tell u.....

Btw nookie, I'm ^saint95^ ler

cannot!!! cannot use tripod!!! don't spend more money!!! ;p

since you said "handshake", then yes, a tripod can help you steady your shots. for situations where you don't have a tripod for whatever reasons, then you can heed the pointers by roon2c.

for one, in dim light conditions you can use the highest ISO setting possible (though the image quality may deterioate). which is ?? 400 on the a40?

What sort of camera do you have... compact digital? SLR? DSLR!?!

a40

Having just looked at the Canon A40 specs, I believe your problem is more down to technique. The PowerShot A40 is a very small and light compact digital so handholding stability issues becomes more pronounced compared to the larger units.

Try practicing breathing techniques to control body/hand movements before triggering the shutter. I presume that you're using the camera in the "P" (Program) mode. The camera should "decide" the best combination for shutter speed and aperture for you. Use that mode first to get used to the overall handling of the camera before venturing to the "M" (Manual) mode. Use of the manual mode will require you to have an understanding of relationship between apertures and shutter speeds.

Originally posted by roon2c

huh???
No ler... not catch the flash with ur camera....

when u shoot with flash on, the flash will freeze the "moment", so any handshake will not be noticeable.

(eg. lets say u taking a portrait of someone and if ur handshake so bad tht the frame only covers 1/2 of the portrait. If u press ur shutter at tht moment, it will only capture 1/2 of the portrait.) this is exaggeration but just to help u imagine what the heck i'm trying to tell u.....

Btw nookie, I'm ^saint95^ ler

hahaha okok
thanx dude. ;)

a40

Having just looked at the Canon A40 specs, I believe your problem is more down to technique. The PowerShot A40 is a very small and light compact digital so handholding stability issues becomes more pronounced compared to the larger units.

Try practicing breathing techniques to control body/hand movements before triggering the shutter. I presume that you're using the camera in the "P" (Program) mode. The camera should "decide" the best combination for shutter speed and aperture for you. Use that mode first to get used to the overall handling of the camera before venturing to the "M" (Manual) mode. Use of the manual mode will require you to have an understanding of relationship between apertures and shutter speeds. [/B][/QUOTE]

yup
using P mode.
Still virgin to this cam.
Will try on your technique.
Thanx. :)

Hi Giantnookie,

Beside the shutter speed, other factors that would contribute to camera shake are your holding technique and shutter release technique. Digital cameras are more prone to camera shake compare to film camera because you hold them away from your face to look at the LCD. One way to overcome this problem is to anchor your elbows onto your body when you are taking the shots. For the shutter release, practice to lightly tap or rolll your index finger on the button rather then press it down hard. Hope that helps. :)

Don't Shake hands with anyone....:D

Do it like what they tech you in the Army.

Lock you elbow, hold your breath, squezzeeee don't jab...

Practise and practise until you get it...

Cheers,

hahahaha
photography - Army Style. :bsmilie:

Thanx guys for the excellent tips. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.