how to record batch process in Photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekardo

May 14, 2002
Visit site
I have about 1500 pictures to be edited in the same way..

1) resize
2) add border
3) add my name

how do I record my actions to be batch processed ?

Create an "Action" which performs your tasks. Do this by clicking "New Action" then "Record".

After you'ved stopped recording, click on the upper right corner of the "Actions" panel - there should be a drop down menu.

Click on "Batch" - there should be some options like which action to batch process, and the method - use "Close and Save".

Then go watch TV or something while PS does all the work for you.

oh..thanks..will try out later..

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Create an "Action" which performs your tasks. Do this by clicking "New Action" then "Record".

After you'ved stopped recording, click on the upper right corner of the "Actions" panel - there should be a drop down menu.

Click on "Batch" - there should be some options like which action to batch process, and the method - use "Close and Save".

Some versions of Photoshop allow you to create a "droplet" from an action. This will create an .exe file that will launch PS and do the action. You can just drag and drop a folder onto the droplet and all the file inside (including subdirectories if you want) will be processed.

any suggestions on how to go about batch processing self made borders? cuz wat i've done is to create a new psd image with my border and signature. how should i go about pasting all my photos as a new layer onto this psd file and saving them as jpg files by batch processing??

Originally posted by StreetShooter

erm..I can't find the Action option..where is it hiding huh ?

there is an action palette.

Menu -> Window -> Actions

Originally posted by shawntim
there is an action palette.

Menu -> Window -> Actions

oh..gotcha..can see a list of things I have done...will explore myself later.. :)

thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.