How to PS teeth??

Status
Not open for further replies.
use selection tool to select the teeth, follow by use hue/saturation adjustment, desaturate a little, and increase lightness a little will do.

Be careful not to overdo the teeth whitening thing.
Got one time I overdid it and the subject looked like the "Darlie" man, the teeth became too glaring and unnatural.

Normally I'll duplicate layer,
do selective color on background to reduce yellow on white.

then erase duplicate layer at the teeth area. More natural and don't need to select. :)

in all this desaturation and colour replacement, do remember to take into account the white balance of the image...it looks really odd when the teeth are pure white but the white shirt the person is wearing is slightly warm in tone :nono:

it is also necessary to sometimes increase the contrast of the teeth after removing yellow cause sometimes the desaturation causes the teeth to look less contrasty...

also, make sure to look at the persons eyewhites...

hm... usually I just pick a colour off the existing tooth's highlight and brush away... if done properly you can use this method to remove braces, gaps etc etc.. basically become a digital dentist.. :)

dodge it? haah....

yah , this is faster .. and after u select the tool. right click on the pic to bring out the brush size and bring it down to abt 15.. "depending on the pic size"..
next press Z to Zoom in to the teeth and start ur magic

Status
Not open for further replies.