How to provide unlimited power supply for 350D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Just wondering since I am using remote capture to capture a picture every 5 minutes
and for whole day, how do I provide unlimited power to my 350D? I think it won't go
into sleep mode if USB cable is connected. :confused: Origiinal 350D package can
achieve this?

charge the camera at the same time while you're shooting.need a power supply nearby though. u can get the sleep mode to 'off'.

di0nysus said:
charge the camera at the same time while you're shooting.need a power supply nearby though. u can get the sleep mode to 'off'.
Thank you, but misunderstand here. I meant to turn the cam into sleep mode when USB is
connected in order to conserve power. In my remote capture, one battery lasts 1.5 hours
without Sleep mode, by turning it into Sleep mode every minute, maybe it can work for 7.5 hours. :rolleyes:

+evenstar said:
Use a DC Coupler
You mean some electronics DIY, DC converter with some wires to the battery chamber? I am
cautious over the risk. :eek: Not so adventurous I am.

Is it possible with 350D's accessories? Is it possible with USB charging?

Yes the 350D has an original DC power input. You have to buy the attachment. Read your manual... its documented there. Its made by Canon and not some DIY thing. No one is asking you to take risks... pls read up before commenting.

If you've been to IT fairs you would have seen it being used.

solarii said:
Yes the 350D has an original DC power input. You have to buy the attachment. Read your manual... its documented there. Its made by Canon and not some DIY thing. No one is asking you to take risks... pls read up before commenting.

If you've been to IT fairs you would have seen it being used.
Thank you for the information. I will look for the attachmend.

alucard said:
I have had my cam (yes, 350D) go on sleep mode, while connected to the PC via USB cable. Check your sleep settings, I think they maybe too high. :)

And, there is DC supply socket aong the connectors. (Above the remote connection I think)
Just did my experiment, it won't go into Sleep mode when Timed Capture is enabled.
I think the attachment for DC charger is one good solution. Thank you for your input.

I will consider this issue settled.

Thanks to all. :)

alucard said:
I have had my cam (yes, 350D) go on sleep mode, while connected to the PC via USB cable. Check your sleep settings, I think they maybe too high. :)

And, there is DC supply socket aong the connectors. (Above the remote connection I think)

Nope its not there. The DC input attachment (original Canon) looks like a battery with wires attached... it fits into the battery compartment. There's a small notch at the bottom of the camera to allow you to run the wire out and close the battery compartment while in use.

Wah lau dunno give wrong info...:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.