How to properly critique on images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lastly i dont understand why am i given this infraction thing only 2 weeks after? And not on the spot? Just because someone dug it out?

We cannot be reading every posting in CS, this post happen to surface and I went to take a look. We sometimes do miss out.

Even in the civil law any offense committed can still be prosecuted within a certain period of time, and it is not a few weeks but a few years. This is just an illustration, not that we are applying the law here.

The crux of the matter I will repeat

The answer to your question in the title is simple -

Is a on liner non constructive comments aimed at mocking the poster a proper critique?
Go figure

Your critic

will not even be accepted in the critic forum.

If you do not know how to critic perhaps I can show you a suggestion, read this http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=273343
Instead of trying to distract members attention and shift the blame to the TS that he cannot take critic. It is actually the critics himself cannot even given a proper critic.

Enuf said

So.. is the infraction for " on liner non constructive comments " or for " rude "..

My issue here is very clearly, the infraction.

So.. is the infraction for " on liner non constructive comments " or for " rude "..

My issue here is very clearly, the infraction.

As pointed out in point 3

Point 3:

First part of your comment is directed at the TS personally.

The 2nd part of your comment is a one liner, non constructive comments to say it is crap and peppered with mocking scarasm "DSLR? :bsmilie: " - which is uncalled for

XCP, give it up, I did. The enviroment demanded is one that is very PC, anything emotion almust be positive ones, and the hunting parties are out. Since I no longer comment on any pictures publicly, one less target for the crosshair, meaning they will go hunt for others.

(copied from post 10)

The first part is clear, the images...

The second part is mocking at how the DSLR has changed from the professional tool to now used by many who cant even moved pass the Auto mode. Not directly at anyone, TS or mods...

I just dont see how i deserve the infraction.

(copied from post 10)

The second part is mocking at how the DSLR has changed from the professional tool to now used by many who cant even moved pass the Auto mode. Not directly at anyone, TS or mods...

look at the examples of critique and see how different the tone and language is.
there is no need to be rude

everyone sing together

Courtesy is for free
Courtesy is for you and me ... ...

Ok.. thanks to all for commenting. Ill just end it here, i have learnt alot more from those who shared their experience and the correct way to post on CS..

Dear chngpe01, please consider me sending my appeal for the infraction. I leave it to you or whoever higher decide on the infraction.

Going to get some med now.. got sorethroat, cough and headache today. The rest of you guys out there, drink more water and stay healthy.;)

I wont mind if someone say my pictures are crap, like sh!t, sux, k800i picture better, bird sh!t looks nicer, my grandma wrinkle got sharper lines etc :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ....as long as they can reason out why its like that...i think some people learn better that way...but not everyone is like that IMHonestestOpinion....

XCP, give it up, I did. The enviroment demanded is one that is very PC, anything emotion almust be positive ones, and the hunting parties are out. Since I no longer comment on any pictures publicly, one less target for the crosshair, meaning they will go hunt for others.

What is exactly your point here? and what are you insinuating at? It seems you are very unhappy here? :) No body is stopping you from giving your comments or even stopping you from saying what you want to say. :cool:

Ok.. thanks to all for commenting. Ill just end it here, i have learnt alot more from those who shared their experience and the correct way to post on CS..

Dear chngpe01, please consider me sending my appeal for the infraction. I leave it to you or whoever higher decide on the infraction.

Going to get some med now.. got sorethroat, cough and headache today. The rest of you guys out there, drink more water and stay healthy.;)

Have a speedy recovery :) I will bring it up to the admin

Sorry guys, I just want to voice my opinion in this matter.

Firstly, I feel that photography is an art and as an 'artist' we should hold a certain level of poise and be more constructive when giving feedback rather than critics (as I hate to use this word).

Secondly, I feel that what I like you may not like as art is very subjective. So if you do not like what has been posted, maybe you just want to keep it to yourself or if you feel that certain things can be improved to make it more acceptable and want to point it out to the TS, maybe we can do it more politely. (eg. in this case, we all can tell that the images are not sharp and the WB is off. But is this what the TS wanted? We never find out and started giving our comments. Of course, giving constructive comments like pointing out the abovementioned to alert him of it and make him aware that there is a problem in these areas and to watch out for them in future will be pretty much sufficient).

Anyway, the above is just my 2 cents worth, hope I have not offended anyone in saying so.

The impression I get is:

"A critique reveals more about a critic than the image he tries to critique."

You must be either very good in photography or very brave to want to do it. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The impression I get is:

You must be either very good in photography or very brave to want to do it. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
sion....u are terrific
truly a master of zen:thumbsup:

What is exactly your point here? and what are you insinuating at? It seems you are very unhappy here? :) No body is stopping you from giving your comments or even stopping you from saying what you want to say. :cool:

Yeah right. The way I was giving infractions by you guys, if I did not see the light, you guys would have banned me to the deepest abyss by now.

Now that you brought it up, CS and especially some sub-forums, infranctions were being handed out like candies, posts deleted and threads locked for no compelling reasons, we, or at least I, get the point.

If I don't like it, I can shut up or leave. Since I still have many friends here, I decide to sell out and shut up.

Why are you saying I am unhappy? I was just give XCP some advise based on personal experiences.

(copied from post 10)

You mean when you first started taking photos, you are already a professional? And, if you are not so good from the beginning, then you shouldn't use a better camera? :dunno:

Who says DSLR is for professionals? :think: In the past, it really required some skills to know how to operate a manual camera and taking correctly exposed pictures, and those skills can only be learned from the some years of experience through the professionals' career, not now. Technology has made photography accessible to all. :bsmilie:

The impression I get is:

here is another perspective:

"You must be either very good in photography or very good in being a critic." :bsmilie:

.... The second part is mocking at how the DSLR has changed from the professional tool to now used by many who cant even moved pass the Auto mode.

Thanks for the insightful observation.

All along I've thought DSLR is for people like me who can't take photos because it has got auto everything.

Si Beh Sian. I bought the wrong camera liao. :bsmilie:

Yeah right. The way I was giving infractions by you guys, if I did not see the light, you guys would have banned me to the deepest abyss by now.

Now that you brought it up, CS and especially some sub-forums, infranctions were being handed out like candies, posts deleted and threads locked for no compelling reasons, we, or at least I, get the point.

If I don't like it, I can shut up or leave. Since I still have many friends here, I decide to sell out and shut up.

Why are you saying I am unhappy? I was just give XCP some advise based on personal experiences.

Good to know you are happy and treasure your presence here. Cheerio :)

Status
Not open for further replies.