How to print cd sticker & paste it on the disc? any software needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodymiko

Sep 18, 2007
after i burn data into many cd, instead of pasting memo writing titles on the memo, anyone know how to print sticker then paste onto the top of the cd disc? :dunno:

i totally dont have any software or printer which i can print, so chking out before i go get anything, bcoz i going to burn many data disc into dvd, so if paste memo on every one of them very messy, and memo will drop off too... and many of the discs will be for containing photos, so perhaps if i can print a photo or two to symbolize the event in the disc will be even better...

i dont like to use marker to write on them either, so thinking of how to print some pics or titles on disc to identify easily.... :bigeyes:

any special printer or software i need to get? and do teach me the process & procedures as i am really new to all these and is trying to learn right from the basics.... love to take photos so bet i'll have alot of such discs to burn.... :sweat:

what you need

• inkjet printer that can print directly onto a special printable CD/DVD
or
• printer and label stickers + the gadget to stick the label onto the disc
or
• lightscribe caperble burner to burn the label onto the disc itself

once you decide on which equipment you want then can take it one step further

what you need

• inkjet printer that can print directly onto a special printable CD/DVD
or
• printer and label stickers + the gadget to stick the label onto the disc
or
• lightscribe caperble burner to burn the label onto the disc itself

once you decide on which equipment you want then can take it one step further

wow.... so fast to respond.... cool... thks...

so if i were to print directly a picture and some words onto the disc itself, i would need to buy a special printable cd/dvd.... can i know what brands of cd/dvd which allows direct printing? any brand of inkjet printer will also be able to do this?

and what is a lightscribe capable burner to burn label onto the disc itself?

so if i were to print directly a picture and some words onto the disc itself, i would need to buy a special printable cd/dvd.... can i know what brands of cd/dvd which allows direct printing? any brand of inkjet printer will also be able to do this?

http://www.lightscribe.com/

yes you will need a special CD/DVD

yes you will need a special printer that can print the special CD/DVD

http://www.verbatim.com.au/products.cfm?productID=43638

http://www.epson.com.sg/products/printers/inkjet/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R800.shtml

links are as an example only, not a recomendation

If you head down to SLS 6th floor shop near the lifts, the one that sells blank disc, and buy the CD labels from them, they provide the software as well. They passed it to me the last time i bought labels from them. It saves you the trouble of finding software for the labels you have and vice versa.

I find labeling quite inconsistent, sometimes will get some air bubbles, sometimes not aligned..
printing directly on, either inkjet or lightscribe works better..

of cos marker saves all that fuss..

I find labeling quite inconsistent, sometimes will get some air bubbles, sometimes not aligned..
printing directly on, either inkjet or lightscribe works better..

of cos marker saves all that fuss..

Here's my take on this....

Lightscribe is the easiest but it does not last. Over time it will start to fade and you can't do colour on it.

I still use my marker for those with very little stuff on it like a movie..etc So just a quick writing of the title of the movie is enough.

For those where I backup tens of files I still prefer old fashion labels. You can buy a label applicator which lets you set up the label to align it to the CD horizontally and then you press it down lightly to get it to stick to the CD's top surface. Then you take it out and gently wipe out any air bubbles. The reason why I like using the applicator is that it helps keep the label as close to the center. Why? Centrifugal force. The closer to the center the less vibration. What I know is that off balance CD spining at high speed can wear down your drive's reliability eventually and can create error write or read.

The thing you need to be careful with using sticker label is that once you have stuck that to a CD. Try not to remove it again. If you want to do so...BACKUP your data from that disc. Over time when the glue had stuck tight to the surface of the CD, if you try to remove it, you might end up also ripping off the surface coating of the CD and that is bad news. If you don't know it by now, you do now in that the most delicate and important part of the CD is not the bottom side but the top. It is that coating layer that your information has been lasered to the dye. Any portion of it that gets rip off or scratch will result in reading failure for the CD.

Well that't my 3 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.