How to price people who want to understudy under me?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
In a turn of events, now got a handful of people asking me quotation to teach them photography.

Any recommended rates to start with and whats included in the package?

try look at those prices offered by photography schools and see what they teach as a guide?

try look at those prices offered by photography schools and see what they teach as a guide?

here is SAFRA`s.

for the price they are offering, quite the number of facilities? Me on the other hand maybe a handful at any one time and usually onsite.

what would be a good business model?

here is SAFRA`s.

for the price they are offering, quite the number of facilities? Me on the other hand maybe a handful at any one time and usually onsite.

what would be a good business model?

u may also want to refer to classes that is conducted by these organisers:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forums/121-Workshops-Tutorials-and-Classes

sorry i can't advise you further as regards to the business model, cos i am not very pro myself and i consider myself still in the learning stage (besides, I am bad at teaching lol)

u may also want to refer to classes that is conducted by these organisers:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forums/121-Workshops-Tutorials-and-Classes

sorry i can't advise you further as regards to the business model, cos i am not very pro myself and i consider myself still in the learning stage (besides, I am bad at teaching lol)

i'm a bit skeptical of safra, because i have interacted with the people there, including their advisors/ honourary members etc. lets say my experience was not too pleasant.

think about... what kind of aim you are doing? is it for profit or giving back to community. if community, close an eye and offer enough to cover your cost.

if profit... well... discuss with the client and see how...

Learning how to shoot professional work or just for hobby?

Just for hobby then cheaper.

Otherwise price it high.

I do offer one to one lesson and the charge is $500 for a 4 hour session. I will teach people what they want to know both in theory and hands on.

Generally, they are my clients who uses my service before and wanted to learn more about photography.

I hope that gives you a number to work with.

I charge at a rate that I don't get too many of it as I don't always have the time. I teach for fun too... So the price is the balance of the 2.

Regards,

Reportage, can please pm me your flickr link or site...thanks.

Agetan, awesome portfolio, my gf took my mouse and browsed them all.

sorry to tag on to the thread. but i wonder how much one should charge for exposing the dirty linens of this industry so that newer photographers can make better sounder decisions?

sorry to tag on to the thread. but i wonder how much one should charge for exposing the dirty linens of this industry so that newer photographers can make better sounder decisions?

someone offered you a book deal? Could be a best seller t think. I would definitely read it.

Reportage, can please pm me your flickr link or site...thanks.
Agetan, awesome portfolio, my gf took my mouse and browsed them all.

done.